Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING


So what's been happening you may ask.  A big bunch of nothing, that's what.  Life goes on.  One day merges into another.

But I do have a cute picture to show you.  Jenny has found that if she climbs to the top of the recliner she can jump down onto the windowsill and watch the world go by.  She has become fascinated by looking out of windows.  The other day Jenny wanted to look out of the kitchen window.  She jumped onto what she must have thought was a table and fell into the trash can.  What a cat!



We had a good Bible study yesterday.  The topic was humility and we talked about Matthew 18 where the disciples were arguing over who would be the greatest in the kingdom of God.  Joe wasn't able to go, so I led the discussion.  It was very lively and everyone got involved.  Good study!  Even if you disagree, there is always something to learn.

I made apple cinnamon muffins for the group.  They went like crazy.  I was going to make 6 and then decided to make 12.  I'm glad I did.


After work today I took Joe to Eye Options for his appointment.  He has just a slight change in his eyes.  He got a prescription for new glasses.  But because he wanted a certain frame, he has to wait a couple of weeks for everything to come in.

I got my glasses about two weeks ago.  I have had trouble seeing with them ever since.  So the doctor rechecked my eyes.  Here one of the lenses was a little off.  He is making a small adjustment to it (at no cost to me of course).  He held up a different lens to my right eye (the one giving me problems) and it was like night and day.  I could see perfectly.  I had to leave my new glasses with them to make the change.  Fortunately I had my old glasses with me so I was able to drive home and will be able to see the computer at work tomorrow.  I will probably get my glasses before Joe gets his.

We watched the movie, Argo, about a week ago.  It was very good.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  Even though we knew how it ended, we were on the edge of our seats.

Tonight we are watching The Life of Pi.  Interesting.  Strange, but interesting.

Our gardener, Frank, stopped by tonight.  He is going to cut our grass for us tomorrow.  I'm glad because it needs it desperately!

Well that's all the news from this part of the world.  Thanks for all your comments on the May poem.  I love poetry and I'm glad you are all enjoying it too.

Until later... 

3 comments:

  1. The Life of Pi WAS an interesting movie. Just for the record - Snitch was pretty stressful!

    Glad y'all can SEE now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Jenny stories! Most cats love looking out the window.
    Pepper,our gray tabby,looks out the bedroom window or the bathroom if I raise the window.
    I understand about the glasses. My last pair seemed ok in the office but once I was on the street, I started feeling a little queasy,like off-center. I went back & similar to yours,the lens had been set a hair off (lopsided).
    Thankfully it was able to be reset
    right there & then.
    Loved the poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, love the cat story..sweet! I have been busy with the Jodi arias trial still ..it's coming to the end..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.