Sunday, May 19, 2013

PASTOR JUSTIN'S ORDINATION

Today was a special day in the life of the church I attend.  Our pastor was ordained about two weeks ago and had his official recognition today.

I was late getting there because I had to pick up a cake for the reception afterwards.  Even though there were lots of people working there, and the cake was right in front of me behind the counter, I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to hand it to me.  But it was a beautiful cake.

After Pastor Justin's message there was a second message by one of our former pastors, Rev. Plows.


I didn't get to hear most of it because Karen and I were with the caterer getting things set up for the luncheon.  But I was able to go upstairs to see the laying on of hands from the other Bible Fellowship pastors in attendance to Pastor Justin.

 
 Joe had had a seizure so hadn't gone to church.  But I went home and picked him up to go to the luncheon.  He had slept a couple of hours and was feeling better.  Everyone was so happy to see him come in.

There was so much food.  Too much!  We ordered for 50 people, but it could have fed 100.  We had vegetable lasagna, Italian chicken, roast pork, meatballs, green beans, and roasted potatoes.  Everyone raved about it.  It was so good.  If I don't come away from this weekend weighing a ton, it won't be for not trying.  All I've done for the last four days is eat!


Jon really enjoyed the food.

So did Pastor Justin.

Caity and Cherie.

They made a big ceremony out of cutting the cake.  Pastor Justin and Cherie were acting like it was a wedding cake and posing for pictures.  Such fun.


Joe had a chance to talk with his fellow elder, Rich, for awhile.


It was a really nice day and I was so glad to be a part of it.

Pastor Justin and Cherie.
 

4 comments:

  1. Your new pastor is sooooo young looking.
    But I say that about Policemen, Politicians,doctors and teachers!
    They all use to be my age but now they are all youngsters. ha ha ha

    What a fun congregation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday! That cake was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears everyone had a great time. I'm sure Rev Justin was overwhelmed at times.
    I LOVE when you write about food.Sometimes it gives me ideas for dinner. (You had me at the veggie lasagna!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your pastor!!
    that food looks so delicious...
    I hope you had seconds...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.