Monday, May 20, 2013

JOE'S BIRTHDAY

Today is Joe's birthday.  He's 55.  Getting up there.  Ha ha!  No comments about me being older than him, please.

I had to go to work this morning for a meeting.  I had planned on taking the day off, but it just didn't work out.  Oh well, it was an easy way to ease my way back in after that long weekend down the shore.

I left at 1:00 and went to the hospital for my pre-admission testing.  I am having surgery on June 4th for a small lump that has developed under the scar tissue from my cancer surgery on my right breast.  It is a 98% chance that it is just from the scar and not a return of the cancer so that is good!  I am not worried at all, it's just the bother of going through this.

I got to the hospital at 2:00 and got home again around 5:30.  It was a long day.  And Joe was left alone for most of it.  Some way to spend your birthday.

We were going to go out to dinner tonight, but Joe wasn't feeling well.  He slept until 8:30 and then got up and said he felt better and wanted to go get something at Checkers.  So we drove there, went through the drive through and waited 15 minutes without anyone taking our order.  We could see all the people in the front standing around and no one would wait on us.  So we left, went across the street to Wendy's and got waited on right away.  Joe still got his hamburger that he wanted and Checkers lost a couple of customers.

Here's Joe with his Wendy's.  He's a happy man.




I stopped at Shop Rite on the way home and got Joe a piece of sweet potato cake.  Everyone has to have a cake on their birthday, don't they?  He loved it.  It tastes a lot like spice cake.


I got him a pair of shorts and a pair of jeans for his birthday.  In his size.  These won't be falling off of the new skinny him.  He said he loved them.

I have to go get ready for Bible study.  I am making individual apple and cherry pies for the snack.  No time to do it in the morning.  I'll let you know how they turn out.

Happy birthday, Joe!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Late Birthday to Joe! I am writing this at 3:30 in the morning. Couldn't sleep so up to read and pray. God has this, Kathy!! I am glad you feel no checks in your spirit! Continued prayers for you both! Now I am going to look at the pics from your weekend! By then I should try to go back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm last to the party!
    Happy Birthday Joe.
    Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Joe had a good birthday even though he was home by himself. Hugs to him, Happy Birthday belately, but it keeps the celebration going a bit! Glad you found a place to eat...Wendy's is good! (p/s: I'm older a wee bit than my husband as well..you all are close to us in age...which is fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Joe I said Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you got him cake. Your right, everyone needs cake on their birthday :)

    You say I'm busy, your just as busy as I am friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.