Saturday, May 25, 2013

BACK TO THE FARM

It's been many months since I visited the farm.  I decided since I'm back on my Friday lemon slush schedule, I should start my Saturday farm visit schedule also.

I called up my friend, Debbie, and we headed out to see what they had.  This is the third week that the farm stand has been open and it's still pretty sparse.  The only thing I got was the Boston lettuce that we love, a loaf of sourdough bread and two bagels for our breakfast tomorrow.


I also got three coleus to put in the yard.  They are so beautiful!


Then we went to Shop Rite.  We each grabbed a cart, took each other's cell phone number so we could figure out where the other one was, and took off to do our shopping.

I have not been food shopping since before I went to the shore so I had a lot to get.  We were completely out of meat and veggies.  I got a lot of good buys and now have enough dinners in the house for two weeks.  I even got some extra little treats and it was still $50 under what I thought it would be.  Good for me!

One of the extra little treats was these pretty red, white and blue fresia.  I thought it looked so patriotic for the holiday.


I have so much to clean up around this house, and I made a stab at it, but I was so tired I fell asleep on the sofa.  I just could NOT keep my eyes open.  I figure if I am that tired, I need to sleep.  I only slept about 1 1/2 hours, but felt better afterwards.

I made periogies and asparagus for dinner.  It turned out really good.  And now after watching some TV it is time for bed.  Joe is the worship leader at church tomorrow, so we have to get there on time.  Until later....

4 comments:

  1. I am spending the night with the quads - A&M are out of town - and this is the second Sunday we have missed church. We WILL be there next week!! Pace yourself! That goes a long way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bouquet/coleus photo is beautiful! I was there & this turned out great.I really like the park pic also.
    You & your lemon slushies....
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you and a friend were out shopping together and got some good stuff. We were out at our farm and garden store after church today. Picked up a quart of fresh, delicious strawberries and 2 tomato plants (b1g1free). Of course eat some samples from their bakery. YUM! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love the Coleus they grow huge in the shade.. I have a few but down here they need LOTS of water it is so dry here...
    they multiply fast you will really enjoy that one...
    I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.