Monday, April 8, 2013

WE ARE OPEN!

It was back to business today.  We finally were able to reopen to the public.  I thought it would be very busy at the beginning and scheduled two people on the front desk.  Instead it was dead.  I guess a lot of people didn't know we were back yet.  But by noon it was hopping.  Very, very busy.

I tried to stay off of my foot as much as possible, but you know how it is.  It hurts so much.  I have had it up for most of the time since I got home.  I didn't realize that a lot of typing would make my arm that was used for the heart catheterization throb terribly either.  Not fun.

But as for the water situation...  When last we left the building there was no water and no flushing toilet.  Now it's like a cyclone.  There is so much pressure you almost go down with the water when you flush.  And to wash your hands is like putting them in a whirlpool.  From nothing to lots of water pressure.  But...  the staff ladies' room is still not working.  It's supposed to be fixed tomorrow.  That's OK we have three more working bathrooms.

My car went back into the garage today.  Carole picked me up and took me to work and then she and Walt came back to get me after work and take me back to get my car.  When I came out of work they were sitting in a dead car.  Yes, they turned off the engine because they got there so early and the car would not start again.  Fortunately my boss, Jerry, was able to give them a jump and get them up and running again.  So I was very late getting to pick the car up.

It cost an awful lot of money and I am totally broke now, but the car is running like a brand new car.  They replaced the motor mount and found that one of the tires was all torn up so gave me a new tire.  It is a joy to drive now.  So quiet and such a smooth ride.  Nice!

We finished up the left over Irish stew for dinner tonight.  I made some biscuits to go with it.  And now I am so full!  But it was so good.  We ate at the kitchen table watching a beautiful sunset.

     
The lines in the sky are from airplanes.  We are on the route to the Philadelphia International Airport.  Lots of planes go over our house but after awhile you don't even notice them anymore.

I am so fortunate to live in a place with gorgeous sunsets.  I love watching (and photographing) them.

I'm going to run.  Tomorrow morning is Bible study and then a work day.  So until later.... 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear there is water and your car is fixed!! Those simple pleasures in life we sometimes take for granted...We don't pay attention until they are broke and missing.. love the sunset picture have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunset! Your pictures are always pretty.
    Water is such a pleasure! gald to hear you are back'home' & all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I leave town and find out all kinds of things went on while I was gone!
    You broke your toe!?! OUCH! You poor thing.
    Then your car was out of commission.
    Another ouch $!$ Cars are like computers, love'em and hate'em.

    Hope you are doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for water again! I wish we had whirlpool pressure here at home. Every time we stay in a hotel I tell the Hubby how jealous I am of the water pressure!

    Beautiful Sunset!!! You got a great shot.

    Have a blessed week Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying hello from Texas...Hope your toe is better. I know that has to hurt!
    Have a super day...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.