Sunday, April 21, 2013

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

The garden looks more beautiful each week.  A lot of the daffodils and the forsythia are gone now, but the tulips are starting to bloom.

The inside of one of the yellow tulips.  I love looking down on a tulip.  They are all different.

This was a "mistake" photo but I liked it so much that I kept it.

My one pink tulip. 

So pretty!

Another yellow tulip.

This is the same tulip, but taken a few days later.  It's more closed.  And you can see two buds next to it on the right.

The inside of a red tulip.

Red and purple tulips with the yellow double daffodils.  Beautiful!

There are still loads of grape hyacinths around.

And the double daffodils are still going strong.  I think they are the prettiest of the spring flowers.

The hydrangea leaves are huge.  I expect to see flower buds any day now. 
Our friend the groundhog is back.

He must have hibernated all winter.

He was just sitting there in the sun warming himself.  He is eating my plants and grass.  Maybe I can train him so that I don't have to mow the lawn.  Ha, ha.

 And finally, I know this is not in the garden, but here is the new African violet I bought yesterday.  So pretty.  I just love flowers.


We went to Rite Aid this afternoon and who did we run into but Joe's ex-wife.  Well, that was real comfortable.  NOT.  Especially since she hates me.  But she and I just ignore each other.  So it was OK.

While I was there I bought some more half-price ceramic mushrooms for the yard.  These cost only $2.  I will put them outside tomorrow.
 

3 comments:

  1. I love flowers, too!
    Do you dig up you bulbs or just keep them in the dirt all winter? The squirrels love to eat mine.

    (ekkk...the ex!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips are so pretty! I wish I had a green thumb.

    I can't believe you got a pic of the groundhog. Aren't they scared of people?

    I buy lots of outdoor stuff at Rite Aid. You can find some great deals there.

    Hope you had a good weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy~~~ que bonito todo!! everything looks beautiful! I love the tulips they look spectacular.. I wish I could grow hydrangeas I would love it if I could...
    Take more pics of them as they grow.. love to see them..have a good week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.