Friday, March 1, 2013

THIS AND THAT

Yesterday began with a trip to the hospital to get pre-admission lab work done.  I got there at 7:30 a.m. and left at 9:40 a.m.  The blood work and x-rays took about 10 minutes top.  The rest of the time I sat there... and sat there... waiting for someone to see me.  There were only two people ahead of me.  I hate that about the medical profession.  They seem to think that your time is not valuable.

Since it was a fasting test I had to go home and eat and take my medication before I went to work.  So I didn't get to work until 1:00 p.m.  At least I had a note from the hospital so I could take sick time.

I have a huge bruise on my arm from them taking the blood and am wearing a rubber name bracelet that I am not allowed to take off until after the procedure.  It's kind of neat because it has a bar code on it.  All the tubes of blood and the x-rays have the same bar code.  The test results are scanned into their computer system.  Tomorrow morning all they have to do is scan my bracelet and all my medical information will pop up. 

Work continues both in the neighborhood and at work.  Last night when I left work I took these pictures to show the continuing saga of the street.  Wish I had had a chance to take some today.  The men were standing inside these huge holes and digging away.  The holes were so deep that all I could see was the tops of their heads.


Today we had a martial arts program at work.  It was aimed at teens and adults, but mostly children showed up.  They had a good time learning different moves and how to fall.






In just a few hours I am leaving for my heart catheterization.  I spoke with two different nurses today to answer health questions and get admissions directions.  I am nervous, but just want to get it over with.  For some reason they are giving me general anesthesia rather than twilight.  I don't know why, but I'm OK with it.  I would rather not be awake to see them cut open my wrist and punch through my vein.  I don't know if I will be coming home the same day or staying one night.  In any case, I will be updating you as soon as I can.  Pray for me, please.  Thank you in advance.

4 comments:

  1. Construction! Welcome to my world. I think it is all so interesting.

    Today is the big day and I have you in my prayers. Just trust in God for He knows you and will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy~ what happened to the snow?
    looks like it's all coming together I will be praying for you!! Hugs my friend!! Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The martial arts looks like fun. I took a brief class in jujitsu at the "Y" and loved it! You can really learn a lot.
    I empathize about the waiting.I
    think the bar code bracelet is cool! Seems like it'll save some time. I'm keeping you surrounded by prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be watching for an update.
    Praying for the peace of God that surpasses all understanding wraps your heart in perfect comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.