Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'M HERE... I THINK

I'm sick a lot and I don't like it.  I especially don't like it this time.  It is no fun to not be able to breathe... to choke and try to draw air into your lungs and you can't.  I am some better and though I feel as if I could use another week in bed, I am going to attempt to go to work tomorrow.

I'm realizing more and more that my continuing bad health is telling me it's time to give up the job.  Unfortunately, I can't at this point because we would never be able to live without my income and my health insurance.  At the bottom of my blog page I put a counter to tell me just how long I still have to go until it is feasible to retire.  Although it looks like a long time, I see it counting down and feel some kind of comfort from it getting less and less.

I know I am better because I got up, dressed and actually did a few (very few) things around the house.  I am going to make dinner in a little while.  But I also laid on the sofa and slept for several hours.  Sleep seems to be what I need right now.

Joe has slept the entire day.  He is really sick also.  I tried to not share with him, but unfortunately he picked it up.  So he's going to have a week of not feeling well too.  At least he was feeling good during the worst of my time and I will be feeling better during the worst of his so we can take care of each other.

So this is sort of a downer entry tonight, but I'll bounce back as I feel better.  I know I could be a lot worse off than I am.  So tune in tomorrow to see how I make out at work.  Until then...   

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kathy I hope and pray for better days for you!!! retirement will be here before you know it! go to sleep early tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate being sick and I hate it when a friend is sick.

    Just remember, you will get better.
    And remember, two years will go fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.