Wednesday, January 30, 2013

BACK TO WORK... AGAIN

My doctor's note said I could stay out of work until tomorrow, but I chose to go back today.  Wednesday is a shorter day with the public than Thursday is and it's an early day.  I thought that would be easier for me.

It wasn't too bad.  I had three choking fits that were pretty bad, but I have been having more than that at home.  I guess sitting up all day helped things to move right along.

I was surprised and a little disappointed when I got to my desk.  It was piled high with all of the work that no one else wanted to do last week.  When I asked why certain things were left for me, the answer was they were waiting for me to come in because it's usually my job and they didn't want to step on my toes.  Those people!  What are they going to do if I decide I to leave?  At least they did some things.

Joe is some better today.  He says he feels pretty good.  He is bouncing back much faster than I am..  Of course, he caught it earlier than I did.

We are having a wicked thunderstorm right now.  We are supposed to have high winds and a lot of rain.  Joe and I went outside when I got home from work and put all the loose items and the lawn furniture on the patio so they wouldn't be blowing around the yard.  Hope it's not too bad.

I'm going to head to bed now.  Another busy day at work tomorrow.  Until then...   

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you did okay at work today. Hopefully you will continue to feel better & better. I'm also glad Joe seems to be recovering fairly quickly. Bless your heart, you all have had a time.

    Take care & rest as much as possible. Being THAT sick takes a toll on your body.

    You all stay safe tonight. Our storms have passed but the wind is fierce! Tomorrow we are supposed to have snow. Geeze, no wonder everyone is sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear Joe is doing better.It is worse when both of you are equally sick.Russ & I are still going through it. Even though he's back at work,he's not doing all that great. Hopefully
    the weekend will bring rest for all of us.
    Take care of yourself & try to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are doing better!! do what you can at work..don't over do it .. try to get some sunshine it'll make you feel better.
    xoxo Marissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're still feeling sick, Kathy! I hope you are back to feeling real good soon.

    Also--that's too bad your co-workers left so much work for you. :(

    Again, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a tough time of year! Since we are in quarantine none of us have been ill. There may be something to be said at staying away from sick people! Which is HARD to do in churches and libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!

    my web site :: link building

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.