Friday, December 7, 2012

FRIDAY VIEW

I was working at the Fishtown Branch Library today.  It was a long and boring day.  The weather here in Philly has been dreary -- rainy and cold.  I guess it kept a lot of people away because it was dead in there.  A few people braved the weather, but not many.

I did what work there was to do today.  It was hard in the beginning because all the library computers city-wide went down.  We had only the basic functions -- check people in and out.  So I'm glad we weren't too busy.  About 11:30 the computers came back up.

I spent a lot of the day blog-reading.  Thanks to all you lovely people out there who write such interesting things.  I think I would have gone mad without something great to read.

Tomorrow is my massive cleaning day.  Have to get things ready for my company this weekend.  Yes, my sister Elaine is coming to visit.  I am very excited.  I love spending time with her.  I took a vacation day on Monday and we are going to go Christmas shopping.  So much fun.

For my Friday view today I thought I would show just a few pictures of Christmas lights.  I haven't really had a chance to go around the neighborhood and take pictures.  There are some BEAUTIFUL houses out there this year.  People are so creative.


These are the houses across the street from me.  The picture just does not do them justice.


This is a tree of lights hanging from a crane at the Delaware River.  (The river is only four blocks from my house.)
    And finally, even my back yard is beginning to look like Christmas.  Here is my gingerbread house flag.  So cute.

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! That little gingerbread flag is so adorable! I like the Christmas lights photos. I should drive around and look at lights too. It's been a long time since we've done that with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your weekend is going well.
    I bet you will have fun shopping on Monday!
    I like your flag....it's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could find some time to dedicate to blog reading! I try to always read my regulars (you included) but there are so many others that I'm subscribed to that I just can't find the time!

    I love Christmas lights. I was telling Hubby we needed to take the kids to the park soon and see them. They always look awesome down there and they do a train ride around the park which is fun for the kids.

    I love your flag!!! My decor is minimal this year. I just can't get in the mood.

    Can't wait to hear about your weekend shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.