Tuesday, November 13, 2012

WHAT I'M READING

GUNPOWDER GREEN by Laura Childs (2002)



About the book:
The Indigo Tea Shop, Charleston's favorite spot of tea, has just come out with its latest flavor:  Gunpowder Green.  Theodosia Browning cannot wait to hear its praises as it is unveiled at the annual yacht race.  But when she hears the crack of an antique gun meant to end the race, a member of Charleston's elite falls dead.  Theodosia has a hunch that his demise was no accident -- and will go out of her way to prove it.  But if she doesn't act fast, Theo will find herself in hot water with some boiling-mad Charlestonians -- and more than a little gun-chai....

My thoughts:
This is the second book in the series "A Tea Shop Mystery".  I love the characters.  It is set in a tea shop that I would love to visit.  In fact, if it really existed I would be a regular customer.  The characters are well thought out and could be real people.  I love mysteries and trying to figure out "who dun it."  In this one I was completely stumped.  I knew I disliked this one character, but never suspected who the real murderer was or why the murder was committed.  Good book.  I'm looking forward toward reading book 3.  I've already ordered it from the library.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a tea shop having a mystery. I will probably
    get the name of the first one & start the series when I finish what I am reading.
    The series sounds similar to 2 series I read by Leann Sweeney. They are Cat In Trouble series & Yellow Rose Mysteries.Both were good with no clue to who-dun-it.
    Thanks for the referral!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.