Friday, November 9, 2012

IT'S MAGIC

Yes, it's true.  I turned on my computer this morning and the internet was back.  I am SO HAPPY.

I have gone back and read a lot of your posts, but I still have some to go.  If you have posted and I have not commented, just know it is not because I am not interested, but because there is just no way I can make a comment on everything that I've missed.

Today was a good day to get the internet back because we had a magician/puppeteer at work today named "Magic Dave."  He was very good.  And of course I have pictures to share.

He began by taking a little cloth bag and having some kids put in red, white and blue silk scarves.  Then he had everyone yell "Abracadabra!"
Out came a flag.  We all stood up and said the pledge of allegiance.
Next he had the kids yell out safety tips such as "Look both ways when crossing a street."  He then had them throw their ideas to him.  He "caught" them and they turned into little red lights (see the one in his hand).  He then put them into a bag (see them inside the bag).  At the end he blew them all out.
For his next trick he had some kids put red, yellow, and green silk scarves in a tube.  This was to represent a traffic light.  Then he asked the kids what the colors meant.  He put the gold cover on the tube and when he pulled it off...
...the scarves had turned into red, yellow, and green balls.
Magic Dave had brought a friend -- Seymour T-bone Hooouuunndog.  They made a funny team.
This was my favorite trick.  He was talking about strangers and how the kids should never get in their cars, take money from them, etc.  He said it was important to tell someone responsible (parents, teachers, grandparents, police, etc.) about strangers and to remember what the stranger looked like.  He asked what they would like their pretend stranger to look like.  The kids picked out that it was a woman wearing a flowered dress, with glasses, pointy ears, a pointy nose, a big mouth and with spiky hair.  Magic Dave drew this on his board.
Here he is continuing to draw.
And here he is with the finished picture.
The kids started yelling when the eyes in the picture started moving.
It got even wilder when the mouth started moving and the picture started talking.  How cool!  I have no idea how this was done.
Finally he brought out his "friend" Andrew Redhead III.  Funny, funny act.  It was a really good program.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy!

    I'm so happy for you that you have your internet back. I'm sure that's a big relief. Good for you!

    And Magic Dave looks like a really fun guy. I bet the kids (and the adults) had a good time watching his tricks and everything. That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.