Thursday, November 1, 2012

DESSERTS


You know I had to take advantage of my dinner time at work to post this month's calendar page.  What a thing to talk about -- desserts!  And I didn't bring anything for dinner (I'll eat when I get home at 8:30 p.m.) so I'm very hungry.

I am not always a dessert person, although I am often a stressed person.  Do you find that you eat more when you are stressed?  Why do people find that stuffing their mouths is a way to de-stress?  I don't have an answer for that so if you do, please comment.  I guess it has something to do with our pleasure center in our brain and a lot of other psychological stuff.

We don't often have dessert at our house.  I do try to make dessert on Sunday night along with an extra nice dinner.  Why?  I guess because when I was growing up we always had a nice Sunday dinner.

What kinds of things do you like for dessert?  Joe likes chocolate.  Our pastor's wife made him some sugar-free brownies on Sunday and he has been enjoying them all week.  I am more of a pie person myself.  I'd much rather have pie than cake.  My step-father was like that too.  He wanted a birthday pie with a candle in it, rather than a cake.  I like fruity desserts too.  Things like apple cobbler or pumpkin dump cake.  OK, so there's a cake I like.

We have invited our friends Walt and Carole over for dessert on Friday.  It has been a long time since they have been over.  Carole is not much of a cook and certainly not much of a baker, but she does like my cooking.  I still have some apples to use up, so I am making another apple cake like I did for our Bible study.  If you look back a few posts, I gave the recipe.  It is good.  Very, very good.  And this from a pie lover.

So I guess the moral of this rambling post is don't stress, eat dessert.     

3 comments:

  1. I was just talking with one of my good friends about this (stress eating) yesterday on the phone. For me personally if I'm really stressed, I can't even think about eating. But I have to be really stressed to have that happen.

    As far as desserts, I'm not much of a chocolate person, but I do crave cake and pie sometimes. My favorite pie is coconut cream for sure. YUMMMM! My favorite cake is definitely Red Velvet...MMMM. And if we go to a buffet here in Vegas, one of the first things I get for dessert is the bread pudding. I love that too!

    All this yummy food talk is making me hungry....my stomach just growled, no kidding! Ha ha haaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Sunday dinner.
    We always had a full meal & dessert.
    I'm with Joe---CHOCOLATE! Cake or pie ,just as long as it's chocolate.Russ is a cookie (oatmeal/raisin)then pie person though he'll have cake if that's what I have.I guess I appreciate a good cookie too.With nuts? Ummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like I'm constantly baking something around here. My crew loves desserts. Myself, I'd much rather have "REAL" food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.