Sunday, November 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

Yesterday my friend Debbie and I went on our annual Christmas shopping trip.  Well, let's just say we tried to.  Life got in the way, so we did half of a trip and we are going to go again on Black Friday.

I NEVER shop on Black Friday.  But Debbie's husband wants her out of the house so he can decorate and surprise her.  And I didn't get anything for my brother, sister-in-law, husband, sister, etc. so I really have to shop.  Christmas is coming!

The first place we went was Marburn Curtains.  Debbie bought me apple curtains for my kitchen as an early Christmas gift.  They are so cute and I will take a picture of them when I put them up after the holidays.  Thank you so much, Deb.

Then we headed over to Target.  I didn't mean to spend a lot, but I kept seeing so many things in the dollar store section that were perfect stocking stuffers.  And of course I had to buy some stuff for myself.  I got the cutest hat to go with my black coat.  It looks like a British nanny's hat.  You will get a picture of that later this week also.  

I also got a cool pink sequined Santa hat.  I did get a picture of that, but it turned out blurry.  Too bad.  But I'm sure you will see that also during the holiday season.

However, I do have a couple of pictures to show you.  Debbie and I were trying on all different hats.  That's when I got the pink Santa hat.  But here's the one Debbie was trying on.  So funny!
    

An elf hat headband.  Who would have thought it.

We had fun looking at all the ornaments.


This tree was an advertisement for all their different ornament packages, but it was pretty with all the various colors.

 

 Every year I do my tree in a different color, so I am trying to decide how to do it this year.  Hmm....

Back to work tomorrow.  At least it is a short week.  Thanksgiving is coming too quickly! 

4 comments:

  1. Pink sequined Santa hat? How cute!

    I haven't even thought of shopping yet.
    Can I send you my list of gifts to get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to shop Black Friday this year. I went last year and it was beyond miserable! I think I'm getting too old too fast lol.

    I can't believe you are buying gifts already. I'm always last minute doing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to see Debbie in the hat but your pix didn't come through. can you re post them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy!
    I can't wait to see your British nanny hat....how cute!
    For some reason my computer won't let me view the pictures you did post...darn it!
    It'll be fun to see what color(s) you pick to do your tree.
    I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet, but plan to soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.