Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A WEDNESDAY AT WORK

I overslept today and was 15 minutes late for work.  Oops.  I guess that's because I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't get back to sleep, and ended up getting up to finish a scarf I was knitting.  When I finally fell back to sleep, that's what happened.  Oh well.

Bob had a vacation day today and it was Marquita's day off so it was just me and Diane manning the front desk.  I thought it would be a hard day, but it really wasn't.  The worst was being on and off every hour.  It's hard to get things done when you have only an hour to do it.  But there weren't any problems, things went smoothly, and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

I didn't have time to pack a lunch, so I went to Shop Rite at lunch time to buy myself a salad.  I love their salad bar.  While I was there I decided to get a few things that I needed.  I ended up seeing things I needed on sale and spent $32!  How does it end up costing so much so fast?  But I did get some good buys.  It was so cold that I just left them in the trunk of the car and they were fine when I went home 4 hours later.  It was just like being in the fridge.  I have some water in the trunk and when I pull a bottle out it is icy cold.

Coming home I saw the moon and it was orange and HUGE!  A real harvest moon.  I tried to get a picture of it, but my camera just wasn't good enough.  I am saving up to get a better camera sometime next year.  I love my sport camera.  It is a real workhorse.  I can drop it, take it to the beach, etc. and it just keeps on taking beautiful pictures.  But I would like something with a really good telescopic lens for sky shots.

I have to go see my oncologist tomorrow.  He is also a hematologist and has literally saved my life with good diagnosis three times.  Dr. Bryansmith is one of the smartest people I have ever met.  And he listens.  That's important to me.  So I am going to tell him all my ailments and see what he comes up with.  It is my day to have a Zometa infusion.  I always get sick with them, but somehow I make it through.  I also have to have an x-ray of my shoulder to see why I have so much pain in it.  My family doctor thinks it is either a torn muscle or arthritis.  I think I'd rather have a torn muscle that will heal.  After all of this I will go to work and be there until 8 p.m.  I guess you can figure out that I am having an easy dinner tomorrow.  It's going to be a busy day.

On to hanging up the wash, doing dishes and cleaning the living room.  I have to get everything cleaned because we are getting a new sofa in a few days.  I'm so excited.

So that's it for now.  Hope everyone has a nice night.    

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your day went ok. It's great to hear you have such a knowledgeable doctor.It is rare these days.Be careful in preferring muscle over arthritis.
    Russ's shoulder surgery still bothers him but his was 3 torn ligaments! I pray that your diagnosis is a lot less painful.
    Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Kathy!
    I'm sorry I haven't been by to visit a lot lately, I got so darn busy around here, and finally am getting caught up now! I've missed reading your blog.

    I hope your Dr. appt went well and you can get some answers.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering how your appointment went. Yay for new couches, I can't wait to see pics. Oh and I LOVE salads from Food City. I haven't had one in ages. Isn't it funny that grocery stores seem to have the best salads.

    Have a great Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.