Monday, November 12, 2012

A VERY BUSY DAY

I had off from work today for Veterans' Day.  It was nice to have a two day weekend when I worked on Saturday.  I am enjoying all these days off.

I ended up sleeping almost the entire day yesterday and I feel so much better today.  Maybe a lot of my health problems has been because I was so tired.  I am determined to go to bed at a decent hour tonight.  In fact, as soon as I am finished writing this I am heading upstairs.

Joe and I are reading a book at bedtime.  It is a memoir written by a man who portrayed Santa for over 20 years.  Such a good book.  I read aloud and Joe listens and makes comments (and chuckles over the funny parts).  It's a nice way to end the day.

This afternoon I took Joe to a doctor's appointment downtown.  We expected to be there about 45 minutes and was so surprised that the appointment lasted almost 2 hours!  It cost me $24 to park which I definitely did not expect.  That's the trouble with center city -- parking!

We went to Sonic's drive through on the way home.  Joe was craving chicken strips and they have good ones.  He said it just hit the spot.  I didn't get a lemon slush (gasp!).  I tried an orange one.  It was good too, but I think I prefer the lemon.

I dropped Joe at home and then my friend Debbie and I went to Shop Rite.  I hadn't been shopping in a few weeks so it was a huge order.  But I still ended up not spending all that much.  And I got enough points for our free turkey.  Whoo hoo!  I love getting free food.

I made linguine with broccoli and garlic for dinner.  It is my favorite pasta dish.  And it turned out so good tonight.

I took a picture of the sunset from the car with my cell phone.  It was so beautiful.  It looked like a watercolor picture.  This photo doesn't do it justice, but you can get an idea of how beautiful it was.



Have a nice night everyone.
       

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are catching up on your sleep. That always does a body good. I feel like I never get enough sleep and it drives me nuts!

    I'm craving a slush from Sonic now! MMMMM!

    I hope the rest of your week goes well.

    PS--$24.00 for parking is crazy! I forget that certain places charge that darn much. It's just nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting some rest! You are always on the go like me. Sometimes we just have to REST!!!

    Free Turkey...that is awesome! Thanksgiving is almost here my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.