Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Saturday Garden

How long has it been since I did a gardening post?  Much too long I am sure.  I went out to put bird seed in our new bird feeder.  We got it at Lowe's last week.  It's all recycled material (which I like) and much bigger and sturdier than the one we had before.


It was such a beautiful day.  The temperatures were up in the 70s and the sun was shining.  I saw there is still a lot to do in the yard before cold weather hits, so hopefully I can work on that later this week.  But I wanted to take some pictures to show you what is left out there.

The impatients are still blooming.  So pretty.



I had three coleus plants.  One of them died in the hot summer we had.  But these two are doing beautifully.



And roses....  Every bush has buds or flowers.  In October!




Yes, just as my garden flag says, it's a fabulous fall!



2 comments:

  1. Your plants and flowers look great Kathy....how nice! And what a nice bird feeder. Bet all the birdies sure ♥ that! :)

    I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.