Sunday, October 28, 2012

LOOKING AT HALLOWEEN WHILE WAITING FOR A STORM

It's getting closer and closer.  Hurricane Sandy that is.  According to the latest weather maps, Philadelphia is right in line for the eye of the storm to hit.  It is supposed to be the worst storm to hit the city since 1938.  Now I'm scared.  I went into the back yard when I got home from work and secured everything I could.  Now it's just a matter of waiting.  We haven't heard whether we have work on Monday or not, but since the city will be in a state of emergency status I think we will be staying home.

So to get my mind off of all of this I thought I'd show you the rest of my Halloween stuff that I got out.  I have so much that I didn't even use all of it.  But here's what I have to show you.
My three candle holders.  The one on the left has a "Boo" that lights when the candle is lit.  The middle one you can see the light through the eyes and nose.  The one on the left is hard to see, but it's a black "paper bag" that has a cat face cut out of it.

This little cat and pumpkin stained glass is in the window of my back door.

I go this jack-o-lantern on a broom at a craft show years ago.  Usually it hangs on a door knob, but this year I put it on my pantry door.
The two wooden black cats and bear on a pumpkin are on the shelf in my living room.


I made this ghost needlepoint about 25 or 30 years ago.  It was one of my first Halloween decorations when I bought my house.  It has held up well over the years.  This is on the bottom door of my pantry.
  Only a few more days and Halloween will be here.  I always have fun sitting outside on Halloween handing out the treats.  But this year it is only supposed to be 40*.  I don't know how long I am going to last sitting out there.  We might have to just hand the treats out through the door this year.

Hopefully I'll be posting more Halloween pictures later this week.  And I'll keep you all updated on the storm.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kathy, STAY SAFE! I've been watching the storm on the news, and it looks pretty rough! I'm thinking of you guys and hoping all goes well.

    PS--love your decorations. The one you made by hand is real neat....which I could do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat & pumpkin are adorable!
    The storm forecasts sound intimidating.I'm praying that it turns out to not be as bad as predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say you are all set! Decorations and treats! Check!!
    Will be thinking of all of you and praying the storm is not as harsh as they think it will be......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I've been thinking about you with this storm. I pray you and Joe will stay safe! Keep us updated and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.