Saturday, October 6, 2012

JONAH

Since I was working today, yesterday was my day off from work.  Remember a couple of weeks ago I was taking Joe to Sight and Sound Theater as my gift to him for our anniversary and he was too sick to go?  Well yesterday was the day I had switched the tickets for.

The show started at 4:15 p.m.  We left early to give ourselves plenty of time and it was a good thing we did.  Our hour and a half drive turned into almost three hours because for miles and miles on several different roads it was bumper to bumper traffic.  It seems there is a major road repair project going on in Montgomery, Chester and Lancaster counties.  The roads will be nice when they are finished, but what a mess now!  We left at 1:00 p.m. and got to the theater at 3:50 p.m.  So much for looking around before the show.

But sitting on the road not moving for minutes at a time gave us time to take some really nice pictures.  It is so beautiful in Lancaster County.






We weren't supposed to take pictures in the theater, but I sneaked this one in.  It's a little dark because I didn't use a flash, but I think you can see it.


The play was wonderful!  I had seen it with my sister in August and knew it would be good.  But even though I knew what was coming next, it was just as great.  Joe really enjoyed it.

At intermission Joe went to the Men's Room and I wandered around the lobby taking pictures.  Most of them didn't turn out real well, but I think this one of an angel statue was good.

When we got to the parking lot the sun was just setting.

We went to Sonic for dinner.  Our Sonic shut down a year ago and I have been dying for tater tots and a lemon slush.  I could eat them every day I love them so much.  It was such a treat! 

We didn't get home till about 10:00 p.m. and I had to get up for work this morning.  You know I didn't get much sleep, but I got through the day.  It was well worth it.  We had such a marvelous time.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! So glad you guys had a nice time!

    I too love Sonic. Cherry Lime-aids are my favorite! YUMMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.