Saturday, October 13, 2012

IT'S SATURDAY

I had great plans for today, but none of them got done.  I wasn't feeling so great again.  My blood pressure was up again.  I made the mistake of posting it on facebook and my brother Michael told me to go to the Emergency Room immediately because he had a friend who had the same thing and he needed a pacemaker.  Even though I know there is nothing wrong with my heart he really scared me.  And then others started commenting.  So I ended up erasing the whole post.  Really!  How to calm someone down, huh?

I did call my doctor and even though he was at a party he called me back.  He said that if it kept going up higher to go to the Emergency Room, but otherwise he would see me next week.  He also said that the home cuff I was using isn't always accurate and to try to find another one in the pharmacy to compare it with.  At home my pressure was 170/99 and in the pharmacy it was 150/77.  Still high, but not like I was about to have a stroke.  Since I've eaten dinner it has gone down even more.  I'm still making an appointment to see him on Monday, but I'm not so terrified any more.

Speaking of dinner, I had some salmon left over from last night and decided to make a salad.  It was my own creation and was it ever good!  I tore up lettuce and then topped it with diced celery, tomato and carrots and slices of the salmon.  Then I hard-boiled a couple of eggs, quartered them, and put them on the plate also.  I sort of apologized when I put the dish in front of Joe because it didn't look as if it was very much, but it was really filling.  In fact there was so much I couldn't finish my plate and handed it over to Joe.  He, of course, finished it off for me.  Wouldn't want to waste it.  Ha, ha.

We got a call from my mother-in-law tonight that she was feeling bad again and wanted me to drive her to the Emergency Room.  I told her I wasn't feeling good and I couldn't do it.  So she called 911 and she is back in the hospital again.  Don't know if she had another heart attack or what.  We will have to check on her tomorrow.

My wonderful husband scrubbed the kitchen floor for me today.  It is looking wonderful.  I was very bad about doing it, so he stepped in.  What a difference a little soap, water, and elbow grease makes.  Looking good!

Got a call from my girlfriend, Debbie, that the Sonic in our neighborhood has reopened.  I am so excited about that.  Tater tots and lemon slushes for everyone!  Oops.  Sorry, I got a little carried away there.  But I am very happy because you know me and my lemon slush.  I used to stop every Friday night after work for my slush and I can do that again.  Hooray!  Good news!

Jenny just jumped up on the sofa to cuddle with me.  She's such a good girl.  Well.... sometimes anyway.  After I took this picture she started purring and purring.


Guess I'll end for tonight.  Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Sonic is open...horray! I love the hot dog creations.Very interesting...and delicious!
    Soryy to hear about your mom-in-law. Will keep her in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! Those BP machines can be so wrong! We have TWO different ones so we can compare!

    Lemon Berry Slush is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.