Friday, October 26, 2012

FRIDAY VIEW

I had off from work today since I am working tomorrow.  Actually, the next month is going to be pretty easy.  I don't work 5 days in a row until sometime in December.  That's fine with me.  Maybe I'll be able to get some rest.

And maybe not.  I was so busy today.  I did wash, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and went grocery shopping.  I did slip in a nap though, so that wasn't too bad I guess.

Once a month we go out with our friends Walt and Carole and tonight was the night.  We went to Chick-Fil-A.  Haven't been there in awhile.  It was good to just hang out and talk.  But wouldn't you know it, we saw some friends of ours there.  Every time we go there we see someone we know.  This time it was Pastor Fran and his wife Mary.  Joe and I have known them for years and years (long before we were married), but haven't seen them in a long while.  It was great talking with them.  We are going to try to visit their church in the next few weeks and then go out for lunch to catch up. 

I talked to my sister, Elaine, tonight and she was telling me how scared everyone is in northern New Jersey with Hurricane Sandy headed their way.  I am really out of the loop.  I knew there was a hurricane and it was in the Caribbean and that it was headed for Florida.  What I didn't know was that it was headed right for Philly and we are in for a major hurricane on Monday and Tuesday with damaging winds and flooding.  So tomorrow after work Joe and I will "batten down the hatches."  Elaine reminded me that this time last year we had Hurricane Irene headed our way.  That did a lot of damage to a lot of people and property.  So now I'm getting a little nervous.

Well, on that note I will show you a Friday view for this week.  I took this picture when I was stopped for a red light on my way home from work the other day.  This is about four blocks from my house.  The trees are finally starting to turn colors.

 

2 comments:

  1. Russ & I planning to secure our house as well. It sounds like it could be really bad.When the saturation point is reached,our basement takes on a little water.We
    are praying for all in Philly to be kept safe.
    Please everyone,don't forget your pets!They can become upset&restless in storms.Keep schedules as normal as possible & if YOU stay calm & relaxed,so will they.The news even advised leashing dogs for the yard due to high winds & flight risk.
    Let's pray for safety for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice you and Joe went out with some of your friends. And nice you saw other friends while you were there. :)

    I hope you guys stay safe during the storm. I've seen what they're predicting on the news. Be careful and stay safe!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.