Sunday, September 30, 2012


Yesterday started out to be such a nice day.  I slept in and then called my girlfriend Debbie to see what she was doing.  We have not gotten together to just sit and talk in so long.  I was hoping to have lunch with her.  Happily she was free and was able to do just that!

First we headed for the farm.  I go every other week when I get paid.  I really made out well this week.  I got a tote bag full of food for $11.  I couldn't believe it!
 I have here a bunch of radishes, two huge Yukon Gold potatoes to bake, two summer squash, green beans, a sweet pepper, a candy onion and two bagels.

The farm was so beautiful today that I took some pictures to show you.
These mums were HUGE!  I've never seen such large ones.

Winter pansies were for sale too.

I love this picture of the mum and the pumpkins.

This was on the end of the stall where you check out.
More mums at the gate as we were leaving.
 After we were finished we went and got hoagies for lunch and then came over to my house to eat.  We spent several hours just eating and talking.  It was a lot of fun.

But then I got a phone call from my mother-in-law saying she didn't feel well and would I be available to take her to the hospital.  She had called the doctor and he said if she didn't feel better in an hour to go.  So I took Debbie home and then called her back.  She was still feeling bad, so off Joe and I went.

We ended up taking her and her sister to the Emergency Room of Aria-Torresdale Hospital.  At least this time it was close to home and not in New Jersey.  This is the hospital where my father-in-law was for several months before he died and where I go for all of my doctors.  I know this hospital like I know my neighborhood.  So I was able to take her right to the door of the ER and then went to park.

We didn't have to wait very long.  They took her in just a few minutes.  She had her discharge papers and medication with her so they were able to see right away what was going on.  They gave her a bunch of tests and found that her heart enzymes were high.  The doctor said she wasn't sure if it was from her heart attack last week or if she had had another one.  So they put her in an observation room for overnight.

We got to the hospital around 5:00 p.m. and left around 12:30 a.m.  A long, long time.  Her sister, Kathy, and I did leave at one point and go to the diner nearby and get sandwiches.  And at 9:00 p.m. Joe had to take his medication so we took Kathy home, went to get him his meds and then went back.  There is an advantage to being close to home.

Joe called her this morning and Mary Ann still did not know anything.  I am going to call her in a few minutes to see what is going on.  I told her if she is released today I will bring her home.

I have been so tired that I didn't even get to church today.  Joe and I have just been sleeping.  But it's about time I get up and get some things done around here.  I'm sure this saga will be continuing.  It always does in my husband's family.


  1. Your title sure fits the post.
    What a great market! How long will it stay open?
    So how is your mother-in-law today?
    What a gracious daughter-in-law.

  2. Kathy,yesterday was aot of fun. I'm glad we were able to get together.While cell phones are great,I think people are missing something when they don't have a face-to-face conversation once in awhile.
    I will keep his mom in prayer.

  3. Sorry to hear Mary Ann is in the hospital again. I hope she can begin to feel much better real soon.

    On a lighter note, I'm glad you got some quality time hanging out and visiting with your friend. Sounds like a nice time to me! :)

    You goodies look delcious from the market! YUMMMM! Now I'm craving a bagel!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.