Saturday, September 15, 2012

RUNNING AROUND

What a busy day today.  But fun!  It started with our gardener, Frank, coming over and cutting back the ivy that is starting to take over the yard.  He did a good job.  Then he cut the grass for free for us.  Looking good!  I still have a lot of work to do out there, but I hope by doing a little every day I can get it done by the end of the week and we can have a little cookout with some friends.

When Joe got up we went to the farm.  We are finding that it works out much better for us not being in the farm share and just going to the farmers' market each week.  That way we get what we want and the amount that we want.  We had been throwing food away because we couldn't eat it fast enough.  Now everything is getting used up.  Here's what we got today:


There are three white eggplants.  They are little so I got enough to make a meal.  Joe wanted sweet potatoes, so we got two of them.  Then there's some blue potatoes, green beans, an Asian pear, Bartlet pears, and a tomato.  Joe also got a bottle of white tea with honeydew which he said was very good.  The whole thing was under $20.  I think we are doing really well buying this way.

Then we went to Fashion Bug for me to pay my credit card off.  They were selling everything 50% off and with a credit card you got another 10%.  The closing on the purse I've been carrying broke.  I saw this really cute aqua purse and it was only $12 so I got it.  I also got some socks with butterflies.  So cute.  Sorry the color on the purse is off.  For some reason it kept coming out blue.  But it's really aqua.





After that we went to Home Depot to get a new recycling bucket.  We ended up getting our paper towels and other cleaning supplies also.  Joe gets a 10% military discount there so buying things we need is really cheap.

Finally we went to Target.  We went to get some milk and eggs and walked out with four bags of things.  How come it's so hard to earn money and so easy to spend it?   We got mostly food though so I don't feel so bad.

I was going to post pictures of last year's anniversary trip to Williamsburg, VA, but I figured I did a great job of that last year.  So if you want to know about it, just look at last September's post.  It was the best trip ever.  We had so much fun.

Well, heading off to make dinner.  We're having salmon tonight with the blue potatoes and tomato I got today.  Tomorrow is my anniversary and I am excited to see what Joe has planned for us to do.  Until then, folks, have a good night.
 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day!
    Love your new purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks yummy!

    Also, I love that purse. It's super cute!

    Happy Anniversary to you and Joe. I hope you have a real nice day celebrating! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    Your always so kind to leave a nice cheery hello on the blog. Thank you!
    Loved seeing the pics of the fruit and veggies along with the purse and socks.
    Can't wait to hear what you guys have planned for the anniversary.

    God bless,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to both of you!!
    Russ & I wish you many,many more
    years together.
    I love the photos of the food you get. It makes me want to go to the kitchen & cook something! Ha ha!I loved your eggplant recipe.It turned out delicious!
    Your purse is cute,but I LOVE the socks!They're sooo cute!! I love socks.I found out my dad gave my mom footies & such as 'courting
    gifts'. What a quaint custom.
    Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all......
    The purse is pretty and the veggies are too!

    We try to eat everything up and waste little. Sometimes we eat a weird combination of food! Tonight we're having a couple of small sweet potatoes and one small white potato to go with leftover pizza and salad left from lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.