Thursday, September 13, 2012

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK

What a super busy day today.  At one point I was juggling three things while trying to wait on people and keep them happy.  I need a break!  So glad I have only one more day of work.

I went to Rite Aid at dinner tonight to get a snack to hold me over until I got home.  I got a small bag of chips, a lemonade, a box of dried apricots and an autumn candleholder that I saw.  It was $5.99 and marked 50% off.  I figured I could splurge $3.00.  When I got to the front the cashier charged me only $2.93.  I couldn't figure it out until I got outside and looked at the receipt.  I had used my Rite Aid card which gives me 10% off.  I had just gone over 500 points and that gave me a $5.00 coupon.  So I got the apricots and candleholder for FREE!  Nice going!  I was so excited I called Joe from the car and told him.  Now I don't feel guilty for spending money on a new candleholder.  I will take a picture tomorrow and post it for you to see.  It's really pretty.

I am going to make this short tonight.  Besides being tired, I have to get up early tomorrow to go to a Library Assistant meeting at the main library downtown.  I got an email today to remind me to show up and it had the agenda.  Sounds boring, but I have to go.  Oh, the joy of mangement.

But before I go to bed I will share some pictures from my third wedding anniversary.  We went back to Lancaster and this time stayed at Hershey Farm Inn.  That is where we stayed on our honeymoon.

Here I am when we first got to the hotel.

My sister, Elaine, had called the hotel and had them put a gift basket in our room to surprise us.

On our anniversary we went to Ephrata Cloister in Ephrata, PA.  This was founded by a sect called German Baptists who believed in communal living.  This is one of the group houses.



The grounds were so beautiful.



It was so peaceful.


And here's the happy couple.


This is the Sisters' House where the unmarried women lived.  It was the only building we got to tour.  There was a Brothers' House also.  The married people had their own houses.


They lived a very sparse and structured life -- sort of like monks.  This is one of the cells that they slept in.
There was a chapel attached to each house.  They would even get up in the middle of the night to have services.  It was part of beating their bodies into submission.
This is the kitchen.  They ate very sparingly also.  I would never have survived there.  I like my sleep and my food.

This is one of their pumps where they got their water.


A view of the stable.



The next day we left for home.  But not before I took some pictures of the grounds at Hershey Farm.  So pretty.




So that was 2009.  It seems so long ago, yet the years seem to whiz by.  Two more days and I will  start on another year of marriage.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful place! How wonderful! That gift basket from your sister was so nice!! Those whoopie pies look devine!! Looking forward to seeing this Fall candle holder you got for free! Awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete


  2. How fun!
    What a beautiful part of our country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.