Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HUMP DAY

Talk about moving it today.  I made the mistake of drinking a glass of iced tea with dinner last night.  I know I can't do that and sleep, but I love iced tea and I forgot.  Again.  3:30 a.m. I am still looking at the clock thinking, "Oh please!  I have to get some sleep!"

My alarm went off at 6:30 a.m.  I had fallen asleep right around 4:00 a.m.  I looked at the time and said, "Yeah.  I'll get  up at 7:00."  The next time I opened my eyes it was 8:15.  8:15!!!!  I need to leave for work at 8:30!!  You should have seen me move.  I didn't think I could move that fast.  And guess what.  I got here just 3 minutes late.  Now that's fast.

No iced tea tonight.  NO ICED TEA TONIGHT.  NO ICED TEA TONIGHT!

It was a pretty simple day at work and I got a lot accomplished.  I like days when the kids are in school and I can get things done.  I don't like to be shelving "around" people.  I always feel as if I am in the way and I'm sure they feel as if they are.   So only two more days to vacation and I am sure looking forward to that.

Tonight I will tell you about our second anniversary trip.  We went to Lancaster, PA where we had spent our honeymoon.  We stayed at the Fulton Steamboat Hotel.  It is a cool place to stay.  I actually watched it being built about 25 or so years ago.  Robert Fulton, the man who invented the steamboat, was from Lancaster County.  He's sort of a hero out there.  This hotel was built to look like a steamboat and is surrounded by a moat to make it look as if you are on a river.  There are speakers outside of the hotel that give water and seagull sounds to make it seem as if you are actually on the water.  Inside it is decorated in Victorian style and they play "gay 90s" music like "Bicycle Built for Two"  in the hallways.

The view off of the room's balcony.
Another view.  I love all the ducks.
We went to the National Christmas Museum.  This was a group of Santas made over a period of about 50 years.  Apparently this one company (can't remember which now) made a different Santa each year and people collected them.

This Santa was under a Christmas tree in one of the hallways.

I took this picture for my brother Larry who is a member of the Elks.  I never knew the Elks made Christmas decorations. 
There was a great section on the Nativity.  This scene was almost life sized.
The next day we went to Sight and Sound Theater to see a production of "Ruth".  Here is Joe in front of the building.

And here I am.  I can't believe we were so heavy back then.  We are no skinny minis now, but have sure lost a LOT of weight.
The famous lion and lamb statue.
After the show we went next door to Hershey Farm for dinner.  Here are the baby goats in the petting area.
The pond is always so pretty.
One of my favorite views.
 So that is our anniversary in 2008.  I am so looking forward to our anniversary this year.  Even though we are not doing so much this year, it is still fun to celebrate our time together.

1 comment:

  1. Lady you were moving this morning!!! It's amazing how quickly we can move when we need to. I hope you haven't had any iced tea tonight!

    What a beautiful location you visited. I can't wait to hear where you are going this year. I didn't miss it did I?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.