Saturday, September 29, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS

It was so freezing cold at work today.  I mean really cold!  The thermometers all said 70* but with the cold A/C blowing on Diane and me we were sure it was lower than that.  We had jackets on and were looking for gloves.  Yes, it really was that cold.

A very slow day for our last Friday for the summer.  I think a lot of people thought we had already changed our hours.  

Two cute library stories for you today.  A few days ago a little girl came in with her mom.  She was really cute, golden curls, pretty dress and all.  She stood in the middle of the Children's Room, turned around, looked at everything and said, "Wow!  This place is amazing!"  We all had to smile at that!

Yesterday I was shelving some books.  One of them was Betty Crocker's Best Baking Book (or something like that).   There was something in between two of the pages so that it didn't close completely.  Lots of people leave strange things as bookmarks -- pencils, hair clips, bills, etc.  I shook the book to dislodge whatever it was and an envelope of yeast fell out.  Whoever had that book really got into it!  Ha, ha.

Joe and I watched the movie "The Iron Lady" tonight.  Meryl Streep was excellent in it.  What a good movie!  We really enjoyed it.
 
Joe's step-mom is home from the hospital.  She is very tired, but doing pretty good.  We took dinner over to her on Wednesday.  I am going to try to make some chicken soup tomorrow and take her that.

Well, for your Friday view today I decided to show you Jenny.  It's been awhile since she made an appearance on this blog.  I wanted to show that everyone is on facebook.  Even her.

Have a good night everyone.

5 comments:

  1. The cook book tale was cute. Must confess that I have used odd items to hold my place in a book;however I try to remove them before returning a library book.One of my very favorite gifts are bookmarks!
    It's nice to see Jenny make an appearance. She is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many stories about working at the Library. You should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Joe's mom is better!
    I love your library stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stories from the library! You must have a lot of stories from there I am sure! :)

    Glad Joe's stepmom is doing better. That's nice.

    Your comment about even Jenny being on Facebook cracked me up! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    Thank you for always leaving such sweet and nice replies on the blog. Hope you and the hubby enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.