Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ANOTHER DAY AT HOME

This was another "at-home" day, but that was perfectly OK with me.  I was so lazy this morning, but I didn't even care.  That's what a vacation is for, isn't it?  Time to just do nothing.

After I finally got myself together this afternoon I went to the hospital to get the x-rays on my knees.  I have been putting it off for a month.  It was nice to not have a time limit, and be looking at my watch hoping I wouldn't be late for work.  Oh, I am certainly going to enjoy my retirement in a few years.  The doctor thinks that I probably have arthritis in my knees which is why I have pain and they swell.  I had to have the x-rays to see what was going on.  I was supposed to get a phone call from the doctor reading the x-rays before the day ended.  But here it is 9:30 p.m. and no phone call.  So I guess nothing serious is wrong.  I will try to call my doctor tomorrow and see if he has gotten the results.

Joe is doing better today.  Thank you so much everyone for all of your prayers.  Taking the extra dose of medicine at bedtime seems to have helped.  He did not have a seizure today that we know of.  We were able to go food shopping together.  I hate food shopping.  It is my least favorite thing to do.  But we got through fairly quickly and now it is done for two weeks.

I worked some more in the kitchen too.  Looking so good!  I have been taking pictures as I go along and it is almost to the point where I will give you a kitchen post.  I have decorated my kitchen with apples and I want to be sure to show you all the cute apple things I have in there.  Once I am done with the kitchen I'm planning to move on to the dining room.  One room at a time.  But I'm on a roll now and loving it.  I have NEVER loved cleaning.  I don't know what happened to me, but I sure hope it keeps up.

Tomorrow we are leaving to go down the shore for two days.  I'm so excited about this.  Then I will REALLY relax.  I am looking forward to going on the beach.  That will be so much fun.  I'll be sure to post some pictures from that.  If I can figure out how to do a video, you might get that too.  And for my west coast friends, you can see the sunrise over the ocean instead of a sunset.  I know that's so strange.  One year I was in California walking the beach and two weeks later in New Jersey walking the beach.  Now THAT was strange.

See you later, folks.  Have a nice night!

4 comments:

  1. When you go to the beach, will you take a big, deep breath for me?
    I love the smell of the beach.
    Oh, and wiggle your toes in the sand. Love the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I miss a few days blogging and I miss all kinds of stuff.

    Sorry to hear Joe has been sick again. Prayers that he continues to improve! I hate waiting for test results too, especially when they don't call. It makes you wonder if everything is okay or if they just neglected to call. I think they should call either way.

    Can't wait to see your apples! My kitchen is done in apples too. We are destined to be friends.

    Enjoy the shore. I'm already ready for another trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand about being on a roll.It's like the energy feeds on itself.It feels good! Can't wait for the pictures.
    Glad to hear Joe is improving.
    Pray he continues to heal.
    When you get to the shore,take a deep breath then as you exhale leave any tension,problems etc there in the sand. This time is for fun,fun & more fun! Oh & relaxation too!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.