Sunday, September 9, 2012

A WORKING SUNDAY

Just as I suspected, Joe was not well enough to go to church this morning.  He is better, but still not quite there.  And he didn't want to spread his germs to the little kids in church, let alone the adults. 

We started a new series in church today on I Peter.  The series is entitled "A Life Worth Living".  It was really good.  I'm going to enjoy this one.  The key verse was I Peter 1:3 -- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

It was my Sunday to work today so I had to scoot out and not stay for lunch with the wives of the other elders.  Oh well.  Next time.  There were busy times at work, but all in all not too bad.  I'm glad to get the overtime money right before my vacation next week.

Because I was working I put dinner in the crock pot before I left for work.  We had pork loin, butternut squash and apples for dinner.  I got the recipe from my blog friend Jen.  She has a great blog with lots of recipes.  You can check it out here.  It was really good.  And we have leftovers for my late night on Tuesday.  I also made an apple cinnamon quick bread that was yummy and went with the meal really well.



Here are some pictures of my fall decorating. I love the colors of fall.  So bright and cheery.

This is the pot of flowers beside my front steps.  Since nothing seems to grow in it, I put in silk flowers.  I changed it to sunflowers for the fall.

The wreath on my front door.  So pretty.

This scarecrow is on the inside knob on my front door.

I love decorating with scarecrows.  This is the one I got in Williamsburg last year.  I have it on the wall between the kitchen and the dining room.

Finally I want to show you today's sunset.  We were eating dinner and looking at it and I just had to take a picture.




That's all for today.  Got to get up for work tomorrow.  At least the pulled muscle in my shoulder is finally getting better.  It hurts just a little now.  That will make work so much easier this week.  Just a week more and then a whole week off.  Whoo hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!

    As I was reading your blog and hearing about your meal, I was thinking, I make something just like that. Then I kept reading and realized it was exactly what I make! Talk about making me smile! :) I am so glad you made it! It's one of my favorite Fall dishes! YUMMM! Thanks for sharing the link too!

    Your Fall decoratiobns are so cute! I haven't made time to get mine out of storage yet, but am getting anxious too. I'll have to do that sometime soon.

    Hope you have a real nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation!!!
    I bet you can't wait. Where?

    Those sunset pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care if they're silk,I adore the colors in the pot by your door! So bright! I wait for the fall & this morning as I let the dogs out,it was actually a bit chilly.It felt WONDERFUL!
    I love changing my bathroom decor with the seasons (or special occasiion). I put up a fall leaves pattern with a gold carpet. It doesn't take much (thanks to Marburn Curtains) & it looks like a whole new room.
    I really hope Joe feels beeter soon. It takes so much out of you to be sick. Give him my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You set a lovely table! I may have to 'borrow' that recipe!

    Hope Joe is back running on all eight cylinders before yoru vacation. Going somewhere? Or a 'STAY-cation?'

    I am getting antsy to decorate for fall but will have to wait til the weekend. We go home Thursday and I hope to get some fall things down from the attic and bring back a trunk LOAD!! Your things are so festive! And I LOVE those sunset pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.