Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A RAINY TUESDAY

This is not the day I expected it to be.  It started with Joe having several seizures over breakfast.  He was so sick afterwards that he had to go to bed.  I ended up having to teach the Tuesday morning Bible study.  I really don't mind teaching.  I've been teaching Sunday School and ladies' Bible studies since I was 19 years old.  But I hate it when Joe is sick.  For those of you who don't know, he has epilepsy.  Usually his seizures are under control from the medication he takes, but the past three days have not been good.

My friend Debbie went for the first time today and she really liked it.  I hope she continues to come back.  I was (finally) able to give her the items she won on my give away.  I even took a picture of her in my car.

P09-18-12_11.25.jpg 

Her front door was decorated so cute I took a picture of that too.

P09-18-12_11.52.jpg 

I love decorating for fall with scarecrows.

We stopped at Checkers and got some burgers for lunch.  I brought Joe's home for him.  He ate it, then had another seizure.  At this point I insisted on calling his doctor.  The doctor called back a couple of hours later and added another dosage of his medication.  He has to get a blood test tomorrow to see what his levels are and then he will adjust it again.  Hopefully this will stop all the problems.  Poor Joe.  I feel so bad for him.

All this being said I guess you have concluded by now that we did not get to the show today.  I called around to some of my friends but no one could use the tickets.  I didn't want to just throw away the money I spent on them.  But their policy is 7 days before the show all sales are final.  I was talking to my friend Donna about this and she said to call anyway and see if because this was something medical they could help me.  So I did and amazingly they were fine with changing the day of my tickets.  The seats are not as good as the ones I got, but we will still be able to go and see the show.  That made me feel so much better.  And the lady on the phone was so nice about it.  I told her that I understood if she couldn't change them.  She said I had enough to worry about and not to worry about the tickets.  She also said she would be praying for Joe.  Such a nice lady.  

In a way I am thankful not to be going today.  The weather is terrible.  There are high winds, rain and a tornado watch.  There is a blessing in everything, isn't there.

So I am working some more on my kitchen.  I will feel so good when the whole thing is done.  Every room in this house needs a major overhaul (some more than others) but I decided to do one room at a time.  That way I won't be overwhelmed.  And I figure the more I do, the more I will want to do.  My goal is to get at least the whole downstairs uncluttered and painted by Christmas.  I think I can do it!  How's that for being positive?

I'm heading out to make dinner now.  Joe asked for eggplant, so that is what he is getting.  Maybe some garlic bread too.  That sounds good to me.  Until later, folks.
 

3 comments:

  1. Your plate is FULL!
    What a day!
    Getting the tickets changed was a perfect gift. There are some very helpful and kind people out there.

    Prayers for Joe.
    For you, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your hearts!! You have such a good attitude! I'm sure Joe is grateful to have YOU and you are obviously grateful for Joe! Y'all make a great couple!

    Prayers for you both.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the gifts! They're even prettier in person.Winning the giveaway was such a surprise.
    I really did enjoy the Bible study,but maybe meeting the other people was equally as nice. I do hope to go back,Lord willing.
    I will keep Joe in prayer for healing.Give him my best regards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.