Monday, September 3, 2012

A RAINY LABOR DAY

So much for having a cook out today.  It is pouring!  We need the rain so badly that I can't complain. But so much for grilling.  It all worked out though.  So glad I have a big kitchen!

I slept in today and then spent the rest of the day cleaning up.  I didn't get everything done, but I made a big dent in things.

Around 5:00 p.m. our friends Walt and Carole came over.  We sat in the kitchen, looked at the clouds and rain and had a wonderful dinner.  I made barbecued pork chops, mashed sweet potatoes and a green salad.  They brought beef short ribs and apple and cherry pies.  My oh my were we ever full. Everything was so good.  I was going to take pictures, but we were having such a good time I forgot all about it.  But take my word for it, it was great.

So the rain really didn't stop anything.  Back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice day, even though the rain came in. I never mind a rainy day, because here in Vegas it so rarely ever rains.

    Your meal sounds so yummy!

    I hope the rest of your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it rained all day here on Labor Day too. Luckily at the beach it was beautiful :)
    Glad you all were still able to enjoy the day. Sounds like you all had a wonderful dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.