Monday, September 17, 2012

A DAY AT HOME

Today I hung out around the house.  I didn't think I got a lot done, but looking back at my "to do" list I really did.  It was a day I was able to sleep in.  I needed to.  I never seem to get enough sleep.

I tore my kitchen apart today to give it a good cleaning.  I washed the windows, put up new curtains and hung a swag of autumn leaves.  Then I took everything off of the one counter.  How does one family accumulate so much?  I scrubbed down the counter and then moved my Keurig, tea kettle and the K-cups to one side to make a little beverage area.  I went through all my kitchen utensils and got rid of the things I never use.    It is looking good.  I figure if I do a little bit each day the kitchen will be done by the end of the week.  Then I will take pictures for you all to see.  It's always fun to see someone else's house.

Because I still had stuff on the kitchen table, we went to Renzi's Pizza for dinner.  I had a California wrap that was wonderful.  It is a flour tortilla wrapped around crispy chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing.  So good.  Joe had his favorite, chicken cacciatore. 

We decided to go down the shore later this week and I was able to make a reservation at our favorite place to stay.  It's really inexpensive this time of year.  I'm so excited.

Tomorrow I have tickets to a show in Lancaster.  It is the same show ("Jonah") that my sister and I saw in August.  It was so good that I wanted Joe to see it.  So this is my anniversary gift to him.  We have so much stuff in this house that we don't need to bring anything else in, so we decided that he'd buy me dinner and I'd take him to a show.  So much better this way.

I'm going to try to finish up the kitchen table now.  See you all tomorrow and I'll tell you about our soggy trip.  It's supposed to pour all day.  Have a good night, folks.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having fun, getting things checked off your list, sleeping in, and have a great time off. YEA!

    (post pictures, yes we do like to see other homes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a super feeling when you clean & organize an area. Getting rid of the 'haven't used' creates
    space for what you do use. Way to go,Kathy!!
    Enjoy the show & dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cleaning and organizing things. I always feel so much better when it's done!

    Your wrap sounds SO GOOD! I think I might try to make some sort of wrap for lunch today. MMMM!

    I hope you guys have fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.