Saturday, August 18, 2012

THE REST OF THE WEEK

This has been such a strange and disjointed week for me.  It seems as if I'm missing days.  And I haven't even blogged the way I usually do.  So I decided I needed a post to get myself and everyone else back on track.

First of all, the safe at work is now safe.  Jerry came into work the next day, got the key out of his desk (he knew where it was, no one else did) and within 15 minutes had fixed the lock.  He then yelled at me because I had called for help the day before.  Some days I can't do anything right for him.

Work was very busy and very hard this week.  Every day my back and leg hurts more and more which makes it difficult to work.  I am so glad to be seeing a doctor on Thursday morning.

I did get a lot of cleaning up around work done this week though.  So much more to do, but it's a start.  And a big one at that.  Now if I could only do the same at home.  How come it's always harder to clean up your house than your office?

We're still struggling with the smoke alarm problem at work.  We had some maintenance people in yesterday, so hopefully everything is OK now. 

Last night Carole, Walt, Joe and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  Joe got the fish fry but he was a little disappointed because he thought there would be more fish in it than there was.  I got the hamburger and it was so large that I couldn't finish it.  It was huge.  And very good.

I saw a top in their store that I wanted, but didn't have the money to get it right now.  Hopefully it will be on the clearance rack next month and I will get it then.

This morning I went to Mane Connection and got my hair trimmed.  The girl I see, Jamie, is so good.  I told her I wanted it a little bit longer for winter and she said she knew just what to do.  She did.  It looks great.  Plus I got my eyebrows waxed.  Looking good.  I'm feeling so bad in other ways I thought I would treat myself in this way.  Everyone needs a pick-me-up now and then.

We went to the farm this morning too.  We haven't been there all summer what with one thing and another.  It was so good to go and see all the fruit and veggies they had.  I got some great things.

Eggplant, corn, peaches, tomatoes, red potatoes, summer squash and zucchini.  All of this for $21.  Can't wait to start cooking with them.  I want to do a peach cobbler for dinner tonight.  And the eggplant is for tomorrow night's dinner.

I'm going to rest my leg and back for awhile until dinner time.  Then after dinner we are going food shopping.  My least favorite thing to do, but if I want to eat it has to be done.

So nice to have a day off where I can do things a little at a time.


5 comments:

  1. Y0ur fruits and veggies look delicious! I have trouble coming up with what to make with eggplant..what do you make? By the way, I like Cracker Barrel, and I love their gift shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I usually slice it down, dip it in beaten egg mixed with milk, then coat it with bread crumbs. I spray a cookie sheet with butter flavored cooking spray and put the slices on it. Then I spray the slices and bake them at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I serve them with lots of ketchup. I could make tomato sauce, but Joe and I both like the ketchup, so that's what I do. Let me know if you try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it's been an off week. I guess we all have to have those from time to time. Hopefully next week will be better!

    Your peach cobbler is making me hungry. That is my favorite!!!

    Happy Saturday Friends- Hope you all have a nice and relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what you get at the farm! It sometimes gives me ideas for dinner.
    This has been one of those weeks for me as well.I took a little longer with my scripture & Bridget was impatient for her walk. I hurried dressing & walked all 3.I had to run an errand at Dollar General but walking across the parking lot I noticed one shoelace was longer. Ready? I had on two different sneakers!! Oh well....
    How about we start anew on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He yelled at YOU! Shame on him!!
    Yes, you deserved some pampering.
    And having some peach cobbler sounds like a great way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.