Sunday, August 26, 2012

HARVEST AMERICA

Tonight was the big night I've been working so hard for.  It was the nationwide broadcast of Harvest America.  There were over 2000 sites nationwide that broadcast a live streaming of Pastor Greg Laurie's Harvest Crusade from Anaheim, CA.  Can you imagine about 5 million people were simultaneously watching this broadcast in every state in the nation?  It just boggles the mind.

I was the Event Coordinator for the church I attend.  This means that for months I have been promoting it, making sure deadlines for certain things were met, producing prayer lists each week, attending webinars (seminars on the web) and a million other little things.  Lots of prayer went into this event from everyone in the congregation.

I picked up my girlfriend and her husband to go with Joe and me.  We didn't get there as early as I would have liked, but we were in plenty of time.  I was a little disappointed because there were just a few people there.
Here is Dottie who acted as our greeter.

But as time went on more and more people came.  By the time the message started there were 23 people there.






 The music was fantastic.  It was the Harvest Worship Band, Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me.  And Pastor Greg's message was right on target.  At the end when the invitation was given 4 people went forward.  It was worth everything I went through for that.

Now I'm very tired.  I am starting to wind down, but there are some things that still need to be done.  Some reports to send in to Harvest this week and I will be done.  Then on to the next thing.  I guess that will be the Tuesday morning Bible study Joe and I teach.

I am so thankful to God for His goodness and protection during this time and for the four people who went forward.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done!
    You were an important link in such a wonderful chain.
    God is pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, that is awesome! You did a lot of work for that and it was worth it all! That is wonderful that people were lead to Christ! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Kathy- glad that it went well & that four people found Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an attendee,I was awedby the power for God that was flowing.I agree that Greg's message was to the point.You could tell he spoke from his heart.
    You accomplished a lot for God & his glory.Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.