Friday, August 24, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS


Queen Elizabeth II had her annus horrendous and I have had a septimana horrendous (horrible week).  All week if it could go wrong, it did.  And today was no exception.

Today I was running late for work. I put on my knee brace, but not the back one.  The water department and the gas department have been digging up a lot of the streets in my neighborhood and the one in which I work.  Every street I tried to turn down was blocked off and torn up.  My usual 10 minute drive took me over 25 minutes.

When I got out of the car I hurried up the marble steps into the building.  But my brace would not lift high enough and I tripped and fell flat on my face.  I pulled my shoulder, my back, and banged up my good knee.  It is terribly swollen, hurts horribly and is starting to turn black and blue.  I can hardly walk between the two knees.  I ended up going home at lunch time and removing the brace.  I put on an ace bandage and it was much better.

Diane and Marquita were off today, so we were very shorthanded.  Bob and I had to get on every other hour.  It was rough.  Especially not feeling well.

I made a great dinner tonight -- salmon cooked with lemons and oranges, zucchini and sliced tomatoes.  However, I was putting ice on my leg and I burned the zucchini.  The fish was raw in the middle, so I put it back in the oven.  It came out perfect.  And then I dropped it on the floor.  I just can't seem to win.

This Sunday the church I attend is hosting the Harvest America Crusade with Pastor Greg Laurie.  I am the Event Coordinator.  It is my job to make sure all the various things come together -- the greeters, ushers, music, follow-up team, literature, technology, site, etc.  I have been working very hard for several months on this.  Not for me, but for God's glory and to see people come to Christ.  The closer I get to the day, the more things are happening to me.  I told my pastor that I feel as if I am being attacked.  So if you are a praying person, please be praying for me.  And for the event.  I am excited about it and will tell you all about it on Sunday night.

Well, for your Friday view today I have a neat picture to show you.  Even though it's still August each evening I hear honking and I look up to see this sight.

 

It makes me think that autumn isn't far away.

Hope you all have had a better week than I've had.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you are under attack!
    Satan knows you will be doing something powerful this Sunday and is trying to discourage you in every way. Stay strong and God will give you favor!
    Sending up prayers for you. Claiming it in the name of Jesus!!!
    Now I'm excited to see what God has in store for you.

    Your picture is wonderful. Postcard perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love & prayers,DebraAugust 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

    Kathy,my heart goes out to you! I remember when I fell on Chestnut St
    & hurt my knee.As you said,it turns all colors.I wish you could have applied ice immediantly.
    If it's any solace,there are probably others connected to the Crusade that are hurting.Satan knows you are doing something powerful in God's name. I have you & Joe in prayer & claiming as it is written 1Kings 18:37 for the entire Crusade.Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.