Friday, July 27, 2012

WE NEED THE RAIN, BUT COULDN'T IT WAIT?




Google image
Another really busy day at work.  So much to do and just Bob and I there.  Usually Thursdays are sort of quiet and it sure started off that way, but all of a sudden the doors opened and the people poured in.  Boy oh boy oh boy!

I was getting the deposit together tonight when I heard the windows start rattling.  The wind began to whistle and the trees were blowing so hard they almost bent in half.  Then the thunder and lightning started.  And the hail began.

Here's a picture of some lightning over the Philly skyline from our local news station.




The weather was so bad that driving home I could hardly see to drive.  I considered pulling over somewhere and trying to wait it out.  But I didn't know how long I would have to sit there and I didn't know if anyone coming along could see me or would hydroplane, so I just kept on (praying very hard) and finally made it home.  Unfortunately I did not have an umbrella, so I made a mad dash for the house.  But even with the short distance I had to go, I was soaked when I got in.


We desperately need the rain and I'm so grateful for it.  But couldn't it have held off for about 15 minutes and let me get home?

3 comments:

  1. We have had some massive amounts of rain here lately too. Luckily they haven't been all at one time so the flooding hasn't been too bad. I saw a pic today of Indiana PA and it looked like they were getting washed away. Flooding is so sad.

    Glad you made it home safely. Stay in and stay safe friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like a pretty good downpour!! I know what you mean about getting soaked even though you just ran from the car to your house...been there and done that! We got a pretty good downpour here yesterday...it was coming down pretty hard! That was the only storm we got yesterday though...the news had us thinking we might be in for some serious stuff..but we didn't get it too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have a rainstorm ... but we did have thunder and lightening a few days ago; the lightening showed up about a half hour before the big booms. LOL! The sky over our house was blindingly bright and half the sky was lit up.

    By the time the thunder caught up with the light show, the sky was dark.

    I was just a sliver of a girl (6 y.o.) when we lived in Pennsylvania, but I remember the rainstorms on the East Coast. Hope you didn't catch a cold.

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.