Saturday, July 14, 2012

THE ECHO TEST

Continuing on with the saga of "what's wrong with me?" I had an echo-cardiogram test today.  My appointment was for 12:30 p.m. but Joe had another seizure so I was running about 5 minutes late.  I always make sure he is OK before I leave the house.

When I got there the person before me was just leaving.  I apologized to the tech for being late and she said it was fine.  But I found out that they had called Joe earlier in the week and asked if I could come in an hour earlier instead.  Joe, though, had forgotten to tell me so I never got the message.  I am going to have to give people my cell phone number because he often forgets things.  He can't help it, that's just how his epilepsy affects him.

The test wasn't too long.  The technician said everything looked good.  I said to her that I was glad things were good, but that still left the question of what's wrong with me.  She said the way the doctors work is to get rid of the big things that could be wrong, and then get down to specific details.  So I guess that is good.

Last night I had just finished writing my blog when I heard a big screech and crash.  Then there was the sound of lots of people running outside of the house.  Joe was laying on the sofa, so I told him I was going to see what was going on.  On the street on the other side of the parking lot a truck had driven sideways across the street and plowed into a parked car.  I ran back inside and Joe called 911.  There were lots of people on cell phones outside so I'm sure he was not the only one calling.  

An ambulance came quickly.  The paramedics talked to the man sitting inside of the truck and opened the door.  It was all crushed and they had a hard time opening it.  Then they shut it again and the man continued sitting inside.  I thought perhaps he was trapped in some way.  A man came out of one of the houses across the street opened the crushed car and started taking things out of it.  

Then a police car came.  Two police officers went over to the car, said something to the man, and opened the door.  The man got out, the police handcuffed him and led him away to the patrol car.  He was so drunk, he could hardly walk and was stumbling all over the place.  So I guess we can all gather why that accident happened.  

At 1:00 a.m. I heard a noise, looked out the window and saw the truck and the car being towed away.  By this morning there was no sign an accident had ever happened.  It was all so surreal.

After that exciting story, I guess I will be getting ready for bed.  Church tomorrow morning and work tomorrow afternoon.  A busy day is ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by seeing something, knowing it was there or happened but then the next minute...gone!

    That must of been pretty exciting.
    Why did the other guy take things out of the wrecked car?

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess he knew it would be towed and wanted his papers, etc. out of the car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.