Sunday, July 29, 2012

SISTERS' WEEK VACATION -- DAY ONE (SATURDAY)

Here it is heading for 2 a.m. and I am just getting around to blogging.  That's because it has been a really busy day.  Besides watching the Olympics, I did a lot of cleaning in my kitchen.  That's right, folks.  I decided enough was enough and did a massive "haven't used it, let's get rid of it."  Oh my, how nice things look now.  Why oh why didn't I do this before?  I guess because I am always so tired when I get home from work.  What a difference a day without work makes!  Ha, ha.

Today, well Saturday the 28th, is my sister Elaine's birthday.  She is 39 again. (Not really, but I'll never tell her real age.)  Elaine is the sister next to me in age -- the second child in the family.  And she is the sweetest person anyone could possibly know.  



This is the first time in years we have not spent her birthday together.  Usually I take her birthday week off and we have our "Sisters' Week", but this year it with it being on a Saturday it didn't work out that way.  So tomorrow (or should I say today) is the day we are celebrating.  She is coming in the early afternoon from her home in northern New Jersey (a 2 hour drive) and we are going to dinner.  It will be fun.

But now I really have to go to bed.  The rest of the cleaning up will have to wait until the morning when I get up.  I just can't do any more tonight.

What a way to spend the first day of my vacation!  On the other hand, I'm feeling really good about my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen for sisters!! We need to know how your dinner went!! Happy VACA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sister is Beautiful. You two are gonna have a blast :)

    Clean Kitchens make me happy. I need to do a major throw away cleaning on mine. It's so cluttered right now I can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.