Sunday, July 1, 2012

LEMONADE


Life has certainly given me a bunch of lemons lately.  Joe's seizures, my heart problems, financial problems and the HEAT!  I was not feeling well this morning while sitting in church.  I have such a headache.  So life is not being good right now.

Our message this morning really helped me to put some things into perspective.  It was about how things come into our lives to grow us, stretch us, bring us closer to God.  And not necessarily good things.  It was the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac.  Everything looked bad, but God had a better plan.

But back to the lemonade.  Do you like lemonade?  I do.  As a child I never had lemonade.  We didn't have it in our house.  The very first time I tasted it was at my Sunday School teacher's house when I was 12 years old.  I really didn't like it all that much.

I really started drinking it when I was in my 30s.  Now I love it.  I found a recipe on simplyrecipes.com for the Perfect Lemonade.  It sounds good and easy and I am going to make it.  Here it is for you.
 

Perfect Lemonade Recipe

  • Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)

Method

1 Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
2 While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
3 Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Serve with ice, sliced lemons.
Yield: Serves 6.

So friends, take your lemons and make lemonade.  Both in your life and in your menu!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds tasty!

    Louis Dean often tells me he and Ellen made their share of lemonade!
    Don't we all? I used to tell the ladies in my art class - you can't paint in highlights if there are no DARKS! Same in life. It takes the dull dark colors to showcase the light and bright. Hang in there. Light will come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's right! Flip the calendar!
    Lemonade is perfect for July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about making real lemonade lately. Especially with this heat! The other day I made Kool Aid lemonade..haha, it was good though and everyone drank it down! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I love Kool Aid lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things are tough for you right now Kathy. Hang in there!!!

    I LOVE lemonade, especially the kind you get at fairs and festivals :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, I love that kind too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.