Friday, July 13, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS

Today was an interesting day.  It started off with me being SLIGHTLY late for work.  It turns out I was the first one there.  As I walked in the phone was ringing.  I turned off the alarm and answered the phone.  It was my boss' boss looking for him.  As I was telling her he was at a meeting all morning the alarm went off again.  I had to get her to hold and try to turn it off again.  This time it worked.  I started to talk to her again and the phone started ringing and ringing.  So she hung up.  It turned out to be my co-worker Diane who was calling to tell me she was going to be late.  Then the guard called in sick.  So within the first 10 minutes I was at work I was bombarded on all sides.

We opened 2 hours late.  I called downtown and got us a substitute guard.  And the rest of the day went pretty well.  During lunch it was my job to sit at Jerry's desk and be the librarian.  I always enjoy that.  It's what I went to school for originally, but didn't have enough money to finish the degree.

We are in another heat wave.  It's been over 90 degrees for the past several days.  We are expecting another 8 days of heat.  I just want it to cool off and rain.  We need rain so badly.  Thinking of that I came up with an idea for my Friday View.  This picture is from January 2011.  Maybe it will help us cool down.

This is my back yard covered in snow.  My caption at the time was "I can't wait till summer."  We're never happy are we?
Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your picture on my dashboard, I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Snow!
    Now I understand.
    Hoping you get some relief, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!

    Isn't that the way things go?

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.