Friday, July 27, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS

I had an interesting day today.  It began with a meeting I had to attend at the Northeast Regional Library.  This is where I work on Sundays and where I used to work years ago.  I am always late getting places.  Ask Joe, he will tell you.  It drives him nuts.  But I was afraid to be late today.  I was the 4th person there.

The meeting was about the reorganization of the library system.  I thought it would be deadly dull, but it actually was very interesting.  I even asked a question.  If you know me, you know I usually just sit in a meeting with my mouth shut.  So this was hitting the big time for me.

The best part of the meeting was -- no, not the free breakfast -- seeing so many of my friends that I have worked with in the past.  Always fun to catch up.

Here it is the last day before vacation.  All day I felt as if time was d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g.  I think it should be lunchtime, and I have an hour to go.  But I know that on my vacation time is going to fly by.

I stopped at ShopRite on the way home and got some flounder and asparagus for dinner.  As a treat, I got two little pieces of fudge brownie cheesecake.  Oh my!  A wonderfully delicious way to start my vacation week.

So, for my Friday view today I have to show you what I got in the mail this week.  My blog friend Bonnie at What About Pie? had a giveaway and I won!  When I got home from work Joe told me I had a package.  I saw Bonnie's name on it and knew just what it was.  It was wrapped so cute in pretty gingham paper!

And when I opened it, the inside was cute too!  I was so impressed.



Here's what I won.  They are three antique books and three bookmarks that she made.




Thanks for picking me, Bonnie!  I love them.

Woo hoo!  Vacation is here!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for vacation time!! That seriously yummy treat sounds like a PERFECT way to start off to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congratulations on winning! What perfect gift for a librarian and so cute.

    Can you say vacation without smiling? NO! I can see your smile!
    Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.