Monday, July 23, 2012

A GOOD DAY

I'm so glad I had such a good weekend this week.  Even though I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, I still got SOMETHING done and that's always good.

Today at church we had a great service.  We sang a lot of the worship songs I like (especially "As the Deer").  Now I'll be singing them all week.  For some reason once I get a song in my head on Sunday, I sing it all week non-stop.  Sometimes it drives me crazy, but I can't shake it.  Are you that way?

We had a special prayer for the people in Aurora, Colorado.  What an evil thing to happen to those poor people who just went to see a movie.  So sad.  There is no understanding why people do the things they do.

The Harvest America Crusade countdown continues.  Only 32 more days to go and still so much to do to get the word out.  I asked for people to sign up to help and got all my greeters and one usher.  I really need follow-up counselors.  No one seems to want to do that job, but it's the most important one.

I made a meatloaf for dinner tonight.  Usually I put onions in it, but Joe's stomach has been bothering him something awful, so I left them out.  And it turned out so good.  I also had mashed potatoes and peas.  A really good meal.

It was a beautiful sunset today.  I took pictures every few minutes as the sun went down.  It amazes me how quickly the sky changes.







Now things are winding down.  It's time for bed and getting ready for the week ahead.  Five more days of work and then nine days off.  I'm so ready for this.  I was talking with my sister tonight and we are both looking forward to Sisters' Week.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great weekend! Your meatloaf sounds yummy. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods. Sister's week is right around the corner. I can't imagine how excited you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do I love a wonderful sunset!

    I can keep singing a hymn all day long and then some. I find comfort when that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.