Tuesday, June 5, 2012

MONDAY IN OCEAN CITY -- DAY TWO

Hooray I got batteries and am able to tell you about yesterday.  It was another full day.
 
For some reason I couldn't hear my phone, so we missed the call from Bud and Karen to have breakfast with them.  We thought they weren't up yet and so went to Ocean Cafe on the boardwalk.  

I had to take a picture of my first view of the ocean in daylight.  It was so dark the night before.  I could look at the ocean all day.

The breakfast was wonderful!  Joe had a lox and onion omelet and I had two eggs with home fries.  Both plates had blueberries on them and they were so sweet and good.  And I don't even like blueberries.

Then we walked along the boardwalk for awhile.  I love the way they did the planters this year.


 The ocean was calm, but the temperatures were cold.  We were so cold all day.  We ended up wearing jackets and long-sleeved shirts.





A few hours later, after talking with Karen and Bud and doing some shopping, I got a phone call from my youngest brother, Larry.  He asked where I was.  I told him the Music Pier near 8th Street.  He said he and his wife Kim were at 11th Street and to stay where I was and he would see me soon.  I told Joe and we sat on a bench to wait.  Before we knew it here came Larry and Kim.
 
 We took them to Manco & Manco for pizza for lunch.  They had never been in Ocean City and had never had Manco pizza.  Let me tell you, it is the best I have ever eaten anywhere.  Though it seems strange to not hear it called Mack & Manco anymore.  The owners broke up this year after 50+ years in business.  Larry, Kim and Joe had pepperoni pizza.  I had mushroom.



Our friends, the seagulls were everywhere.

We decided after lunch to go to Jilly's Arcade -- one of my favorite places.

Larry was saying how he always wins the water shoot.  So he and Kim decided to do that.  Kim won.  Larry's water gun was broken.  It was so funny.
 
Both Joe and I played skee ball with Larry.



And we all played pinball.

After they left we sat and watched this sailboat while we ate some Polish Water Ice.  I got mango, my favorite.

 
It started to rain, so we went back to the hotel room.  We were both tired and decided to take naps.  After a couple of hours we got a call from my brother Henry that he and his friend Lena would meet us for dinner.  They showed up about a half hour later.  We went out to the boardwalk and walked to Del's because Joe wanted their "Misteak" (his favorite sandwich).  Joe has been talking about this sandwich for months.  But Del's was closed.  So we went to Literer's and had burgers and sandwiches.  When we went back on the boardwalk, the sun was starting to set and reflected on the clouds over the ocean.  So pretty.

The wind had picked up, the ocean was very choppy and it was COLD!  I was so glad I had brought a heavy jacket.  It felt more like October than June.
 
 After talking it over we decided to go back to Jilly's Arcade.  Henry LOVES all those arcade games.


He is a real pinball wizard.  He can play one ball for 20 minutes.
 
It was getting late, so Henry and Lena had to head home.  But one last picture before they left.   I loved seeing both my oldest and youngest brothers in the same day!

There is so much more to tell about our third day, but that will have to wait for another post.  I have to go to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow.  So sad to have to go back.  I wish I could have afforded to stay down there for a week.



3 comments:

  1. Love the pic of you and Henry. Glad you got to see Larry, Kim, and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!! I love the pics of the ocean and seeing you in jackets....and RAIN! Summer has arrived in Texas. HEAT and dry! I better get used to it~

    More! More!! I want to see MORE of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely so jealous of your trip. I could so use a beach vacay about right now. Just not happening this year unfortunately. I LOVE arcades too. We usually visit one everytime we go on a trip. Oh and you & I are definitely soul friends, I LOVE mushrooms on my pizza!!!
    Can't wait for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.