Monday, June 25, 2012

BEACH BALLS AND BRAKES

Welcome to week two of the Summer Reading Program at the library.  It was movie Monday and Sheila showed some cartoon videos to the kids this afternoon.  About 20 kids showed up so that was good.

Remember last week the kids got lanyards and chips as prizes in the reading program?  This week they are getting beach balls.  A really cool prize for reading books.  They are so cute.  The ones I saw were smiley faces:

 
Another one was stars and stripes:



Wonder what's up for next week.



As for the brakes, I had been having trouble with my car's brakes slipping.  Even when Joe drove it a few weeks back he noticed it.  So when I went to have my oil changed a couple of weeks ago, I had them check the brakes and they found a problem with the front ones.  I had to wait to get the money for them.  So when I got paid last week I decided to get the brakes fixed today.  Brakes are nothing to fool with.


It turns out it was much worse than anyone expected.  There was a cracked piston in the caliper on the driver's side.  It wouldn't have lasted much longer.  In fact it is only by the grace of God that I didn't lose my brakes before this.  There was a whole big piece missing!  It was also much more expensive than I expected.  Three times what I thought it was going to be.  The one part they had to replace was $119 itself.  I'm going to have to work a lot more overtime to pay for this!  But at least it's fixed.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your brakes.It
    seems that when something goes wrong it's always expensive.
    The prizes sound sooo cool! I like the red,white & blue.Quite colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished a book!
    I want the Smiley Face ball.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.