Tuesday, May 22, 2012

RAMBLINGS

I haven't been neglecting you, friends.  I read all the things that you post.  It's just there really hasn't been anything to talk to YOU about.  Things here are just plodding along.  I'm sort of sad because I really wanted to be at Ocean City this week.  It's just that God had other plans. 

What is strange is that I didn't even begin to pack.  It was like I had a premonition that it wasn't going to happen.  Isn't that weird?  I've never done that before.  So hopefully in two weeks we will be soaking in the sun (and not the showers they are having this week).

Joe is getting better, but is not completely there yet.  Thank you so much for all your prayers for him.  Looking back at the last post I can see the difference between the picture taken Saturday night when he was feeling OK and the picture taken Sunday morning when he was getting sick.  I can see in his face that he is not feeling good.  But every day he feels a little better than the day before.  It seems to have been a virus of some sort and you know with viruses you just have to let them run their course.

As for me, at least I was here for the VIPs that came through the library.  There were about 15 of them.  They were impressed with the building and the staff (of course, who wouldn't be?  Ha, ha) so we will keep our fingers crossed that we will get some funding for improving the place and for children and teen programs over the summer.  That would be nice.

We didn't have Bible Study this morning.  It was cancelled because we thought we were going to be away.  It was so good to be able to sleep in.  I didn't get up until after 9:00 a.m. 

But I am still tired after working all day, so we are going to call out for Chinese food for dinner.  I will call before I leave work and have it delivered.  Then Joe will have it all ready for me when I get home at 8:30 p.m.  I've already planned to be munching on my chicken and veggies as I watch "American Idol."  Ah, the pleasures of city living -- delivery service.

Have you been watching "American Idol"?  From the very first show I was convinced that Joshua Ledet was going to be the winner.  And then he gets voted off last week!  How disappointing!  But we know from other years, that coming in third is still a win.  He will get offers from music companies because he is good!  So now it is down to the final two.

My dinner break is almost over, so I've got to run.  For not having much to say I sure did talk a lot.  Take care everyone.  Hopefully I'll have a better post tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Joe had been sick. I've seriously been slacking on my blog reading lately. Life has just been so super busy!!!! Hope he's feeling better soon.

    Enjoy your Chinese and Idol. Sounds like an awesome combo to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.