Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WHAT I'M READING

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE by J.K. Rowling (1997)


About the book:

Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.

All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudly -- a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.

But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry -- and anyone who reads about him -- will find unforgettable.

For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.

My thoughts:

I read this a long time ago, but I never finished the series. Now with the last movie out I decided I would just start at the beginning and read straight through to the end. Even though I knew what was going to happen, the book was just as good as the first time I read it. Maybe more so since I was familiar with the characters. Let's face it, a good book is a good book no matter how many times you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.