Sunday, March 4, 2012

HERSHEY FARM

Today Joe and I went out to Lancaster County to eat at the newly renovated (and reopened) Hershey Farm Restaurant.  

We were going to go out to church there also, but Joe wasn't feeling all that great this morning and by the time he was able to get up we would have missed half of the service.  So I went to the 8:00 a.m. at Calvary Chapel (the church I used to attend).  It was so great being there again.  There were about 2500-3000 people at the first service.  Fantastic!

It took an hour and a half to get to Lancaster.  We got to the restaurant at 1:30 p.m. or so.  There were a lot of people there and I thought we would have to wait a long time, but we got seated right away.  I was hoping we would get seated in the new section by the windows and we were!  This was our view of the inn and the Sight and Sound Theater from our window.



The food was even better than I remembered.  I had cream of potato soup, a honey wheat roll (it was wonderful!), fried chicken, a ham ball (yum, yum), corn nuggets, broccoli, and whipped potatoes with gravy.   I started to eat, and then thought to take a picture of the plate.  So just ignore the chicken bones (ha, ha).



 
Not real good pictures of Joe and me, but it proves we were there.  Or that I have a real talent with Photo Shop (which I definitely don't).

It was really nice to take a ride out there for dinner.  Now we are getting ready for the Flower Show tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely...I think those are great pics of you two!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.