Wednesday, March 14, 2012

AN IRISH LUNCH


Today the Sunshine Club at work sponsored an "Irish Lunch" in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  I did all the legwork getting things together.  Joe helped by going to the store with me and carrying the heavy things into the library so I wouldn't re-hurt my back.

At noon time I got our volunteer Tom to help me carry things up from the kitchen into our workroom.  I got corned beef, ham, rye and white breads, potato salad, cole slaw, cookies and mini cupcakes.  Of course I also got plates, cups, napkins and plasticware.  My coworker Bob brought in some soda, iced tea, and juice.  Everything was good.  My boss thanked me for my hard work and said how great it had turned out.  There is enough food left over for lunch tomorrow and probably on Saturday too.

It was really hot at work.  I guess that's because it was so hot outside today.  So I was really beat by the time I got out of work.  I called Joe before I left and asked if we could go to Chik-Fil-A for dinner.  Of course he said yes.  We love that place.

As you can see, today has been a day of eating.  Back to being good tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Sounds like you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Glad it turned out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich looks ummy. Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.