Thursday, March 8, 2012

A VISIT TO THE DOCTOR

I was finally able to get to the doctor today.  I actually was the first patient taken in.  At first the receptionist thought I was Joe's ex-wife and had pulled her chart.  I got that straightened out quickly!  

I saw Dr. Merow and the nurse practioner.  I like them a lot.  It seems I have sprained my back rather severely.  But it is healing.  Every day it is a little better.  They told me to use warm compresses and move around so that I don't get stiff.  I was also prescribed pain medication and muscle relaxers.

I went around 10:00 a.m. to get the medication and then went to Wawa to get something to eat.  I came home, took the medicine, ate the food and that is the last thing I remember until 3:00 p.m.  The muscle relaxers put me right to sleep.  I'm not taking them unless I absolutely have to!  I have to stay out of work until Monday.  If I am better Monday I can go back, otherwise I will see the doctor again and he will send me for a CT scan.

Years ago my sister gave me a cushion that has heat and vibrates. It is put on a seat and it helps to relieve back pain.  (This problem has been going on a long time.)  So I got that out and used it today.  It felt so good.  30 to 45 minutes is all I do it at a time and it loosens me right up.  So glad I have it!

Well that's all the news.  I'm still sort of out of it from the medication so I will say goodnight for now.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart Kathy! I've been out of the blogging loop for a week or so due to a tornado that hit my town & didn't realize you were hurt. Hope that you recover very quickly. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Sometimes rest is the best medicine. Sending love and prayers your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an early appointment so you could spend the day getting better! Your body can only heal and grow when you are asleep. Don't try to get back to normal life too quickly.....you want to get well and stay that way!

    I know Angie! That's just like her to be out helping others.

    I enjoy being a small part of the lives of my sister bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie & Linda are right.Rest is the best medicine.The body can heal
    (& the medicine work)if it's not 'doing'something else.Catch up on some reading & feel better soon!
    Lottsa love & prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.