Monday, February 20, 2012

THE NOTHING WEEKEND

You haven't heard from me in a few days because there is absolutely NOTHING going on.  Can you believe that?  It's a holiday weekend and nothing is happening.

I worked on Saturday.  It was steady, but not busy.  Marquita brought in donuts and Jerry brought in soft pretzels.  We were pigging out all day.  Diane was very sick and couldn't come in so we were shorthanded, but it all worked out OK.

Yesterday we went to church.  I wasn't feeling all that great and Joe had to talk to EVERYONE.  I sat in the back and waited for him.  I waited about 45 minutes till he was done talking.  My left arm had started hurting at work on Saturday and the pain was so bad it kept me up almost all night.  By Sunday it was making me nauseous.  I took some pain killers and got to church, but I was still feeling bad.  So I spent a lot of yesterday sleeping.

That brings us to today.  The pain is completely gone.  But I am still very tired.  I don't understand why.  The only thing I have done is meet my friend Donna for lunch.  We went to the Mercer Cafe around where I work.  I have not been there before.  It is small, noisy, crowded and has great food.  I had a burger and Donna had a crab cake sandwich which looked really good too.  It was fun going out to lunch and not having to worry about the time to go back to work.  Joe says he doesn't feel well.  It is almost 5 p.m. and he has not gotten up at all today.  I got him a Coke to try to settle his stomach some, but all he is doing is sleeping.  He wanted to go out to the Sprint store and to do the food shopping, but I don't think that is going to get done.

So that's the story of my nothing weekend.  Wish I had done something more interesting, but sometimes that is just how things go.  I am going to get off of here and try to be productive now.  Back to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. You know - it IS what it IS!! At least it wasn't a nightmare of a weekend!!

    Good things are just around the corner for you!

    Hope you are both feeling better in the morning.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your arm pain is gone. Keep a close watch on that friend. It COULD signify something serious.

    We had a pretty nothing kind of weekend too. I must admit, those kind of weekends are nice from time to time!!!

    Hope your week goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathy, you have me worrying about your arm hurting....I hope everything is ok. I hope Joe is feeling better as well. I have plenty of nothing weekends myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.