Friday, February 24, 2012

SICK






Remember two weeks ago when Diane was out of work for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  Remember last weekend when Sheila was out of work for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  Guess who is out of work this week for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Yes, I have succumbed to the dreaded stomach virus.  Thanks, guys, for being so generous and sharing with me.  However, I do not have it as badly as they did.  Thank you, Lord!

I had a dentist appointment today.  I was feeling very sick and I was late getting there.  The receptionist yelled at me.  Makes me not want to go back, honestly.  When I told the dentist I was sick, she decided not to treat me and rescheduled the appointment.  

I went right over to the new doctor's office.  I told the receptionist what was wrong, explained I did not have an appointment, and she fit me in.  There are two doctors in the practice and I saw the doctor I had not seen last time.  He is very good too.  I also saw the nurse practitioner and she was great.  I am really liking this practice.  It was a good move going to them.  They both said there is really nothing I can do except ride it out.  But they called in a prescription for Zofran for me to the local pharmacy to stop all the nausea and gave me a note to stay out of work until Monday.  Joe went and got the medicine for me while I was asleep and I never even knew he left the house!  He also got me some soup, pretzels and ginger ale.  What a guy!

All I have done is sleep, which is probably very good for me.  I just woke up about a half-hour ago and thought I would update this blog since I am feeling much better now. But I want to sleep some more.  So that's what I'm going to do now.  Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are so ill.All this changing weather doesn't help.
    It's super that the receptionist fit you in.Sleep is the best thing.
    Joe certainly is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! I am so sorry to hear you are under the weather!! I hope it clears up quickly! Joe was so sweet to pick up those things for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuck, sorry you got the virus. Hope your feeling much better by tomorrow. Rest is the best medicine for tummy bug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.